'05 BF 750 reving trouble

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a '05 BF 750, and it's giving me some trouble. At idle and low RPM's everything runs great, but once it gets up to a certain RPM, it acts as if a rev limiter kicks in.

This isn't limp mode, as it's much higher than limp mode, but it acts similar to it does in reverse (without using the override), just at a higher RPM.

I don't know exactly what RPM the problems starts at, but it's always the same spot. If I jam on it, the problem starts right away, as the RPM jumps quickly. If I slowly bring up my speed, at about 40-45KM/H, the problem starts. If I keep my thumb on it, it will not speed up beyond 40-45.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Mike

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, the belt light is off. Turned on at around 120h, but I checked the belt and reset the light. Switch hadn't been tripped. This feels exactly like limp mode, but at a higher RPM than limp mode.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes had a buddy with a dyna chip that f'ed up and would only spark one one side and sometimes on the other.

Put the stocker back in and it ran like a top

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

TKOOIL

Reaction score
check the diaphrams in your carbs they are under the black plastic covers,if one or both has a hole in or is improperly installed it will cause it to sputter as it doesn't lift the needles to give more fuel.I would check the chip first as mentioned before.Also could be s?!t in the bowls of the carbs.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I decided to bring it in to Get-Torqed for a full tune anyways. I'm sure it'll come back like a beast!

Top Bottom