05 1000 SDI Fuel Injection Updates???

COHighmarkR

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Man am I psyched! I just got back into sledding this year after being where it don't snow for 25 years... I rediscovered my old passion on my first real ride up in the Snoweys of Southern Wyoming today... still pumped, ya know? Wow. ...and my new (used) Ski-doo Highmark X 151 is the most exhillerating machine I've ever mounted... by far! Anybody know where I can get the fuel injection updates for the 05 1000 SDI? What is required for installation? How do you do it? Is it dealer only? Thanks in advance for your help!

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should of already had updates for mapping but two weeks ago my old sled which i sold to the old man performed 10 times better when we put a thromostat in it along with deleting the airbox and putting K&N's on the throttel bodies. I think the thermostat was biggest help as machine seemed to run really cold mabey even in limp mode all the time and it now holds RPMs and pulls hard. Belt dust also an issue on these machines and will eventually take out pistons, another reason for the K&N's. As for Updates a doo dealer should be able to load this to your machine quickly most likely for a couple hundred bucks as per norm!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
should of already had updates for mapping but two weeks ago my old sled which i sold to the old man performed 10 times better when we put a thromostat in it along with deleting the airbox and putting k&n's on the throttel bodies. I think the thermostat was biggest help as machine seemed to run really cold mabey even in limp mode all the time and it now holds rpms and pulls hard. Belt dust also an issue on these machines and will eventually take out pistons, another reason for the k&n's. As for updates a doo dealer should be able to load this to your machine quickly most likely for a couple hundred bucks as per norm!

explain what you did for a thermostat, and how??? Pics are good too.... Thanks

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thermostat installed where the main coolant line comes into the heads just like on any other two stroke with a thermostat, these ones didn't have one. I see yours is an 06 these machines had a rear cooler delete I believe so i'm not sure if they need the thermostat as much as the 05's. Here is as good of a pic as I can get from an xp but you get the idea.

Attachments

• xp.jpg
    xp.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 186

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thermostat installed where the main coolant line comes into the heads just like on any other two stroke with a thermostat, these ones didn't have one. I see yours is an 06 these machines had a rear cooler delete i believe so i'm not sure if they need the thermostat as much as the 05's. Here is as good of a pic as i can get from an xp but you get the idea.

what part # thermostat did you use?? I know several members here might be interested in dooin' this too...

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what part # thermostat did you use?? I know several members here might be interested in dooin' this too...

This is very interesting, I have a 2006 and just put in a new
Engine:mad:

I did notic that I did not have a Thermostat, is that normal not have one?
I did put a temp gauge in last year and it stays about 1/4 or less, not sure of the temp but I think it is low.
I do know it goes into limp mode at differnt times, not sure why.

Belt dust all so is bad I put a bag over the Air box intake.

I want to put pods, but are not the sensors air then be wrong.
I have a sensor in the side pannel and one in the air box,
what do I do with the sensors if I put pods? and then will I not be sucking in Hot air not cool?
will it matter?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
this is very interesting, i have a 2006 and just put in a new
engine:mad:

I did notic that i did not have a thermostat, is that normal not have one?
I did put a temp gauge in last year and it stays about 1/4 or less, not sure of the temp but i think it is low.
I do know it goes into limp mode at differnt times, not sure why.

Belt dust all so is bad i put a bag over the air box intake.

I want to put pods, but are not the sensors air then be wrong.
I have a sensor in the side pannel and one in the air box,
what do i do with the sensors if i put pods? And then will i not be sucking in hot air not cool?
Will it matter?

the '06 1000rt isn't supposed to have a thermostat, but i think i'll put one in to keep the temperature more constant? For pods, you should at least buy the timbersled air filter kit(comes with shroud that the sensors go into. And also get the air filter prefilters(keeps the belt dust out). Belt dust can be lessened by "floating" the secondary, with a "duck"...... Send a pm to "duck" on this site, and he can sell you one for about $35.00.... That will cut lots of the belt dust down...

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the '06 1000rt isn't supposed to have a thermostat, but i think i'll put one in to keep the temperature more constant? For pods, you should at least buy the timbersled air filter kit(comes with shroud that the sensors go into. And also get the air filter prefilters(keeps the belt dust out). Belt dust can be lessened by "floating" the secondary, with a "duck"...... Send a pm to "duck" on this site, and he can sell you one for about $35.00.... That will cut lots of the belt dust down...
Thanks, where is the best place to purchase the Timbersled air intake kit?
And can I get it today?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks, where is the best place to purchase the timbersled air intake kit?
And can i get it today?

i ordered mine directly from timbersled out of the states.... Took 2 weeks. You might call ken @ specialty sleds, as they used to sell a fresh air intake for the big doos and maybe he still has one kicking around??

highlandrider

Reaction score
I got a 05 1000 and took the rear cooler out and added a thermostat and also added uni-filters in the airbox. The thermostat is from a 08 800R, costs about $25 and a t-fitting also from the 800R $10, and some 3/4" hose. The install takes about 20 minutes and really wakes up the 1000. No more black trails in the snow when in deep powder. For the uni-filters the part # is 4245 I believe, and they go right in the gutted airbox. I will see if I can post some pics of the instals over the weekend.

highlandrider

Reaction score
Al at the sled shed was a great help for the thermostat install, if you get hold of him he will answer any questions you have about the install. I put the uni-filters in the airbox for $40 and got them from Rec Supply in Saskatoon, they will ship it on the bus next day. There are some posts on Dootalk.com about how to install the uni-filters, just look under the Mach Z forum. If you pull off the reeds you will see that you need some kind of filtration on the rt 1000. Rec Supply also carries the timbersled intakes, either way both seem like good products, your preferance.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i got a 05 1000 and took the rear cooler out and added a thermostat and also added uni-filters in the airbox. The thermostat is from a 08 800r, costs about $25 and a t-fitting also from the 800r $10, and some 3/4" hose. The install takes about 20 minutes and really wakes up the 1000. No more black trails in the snow when in deep powder. For the uni-filters the part # is 4245 i believe, and they go right in the gutted airbox. I will see if i can post some pics of the instals over the weekend.

can you post some pics of the thermostat install with the "t" fitting? Thanks
here's a few pics of the timbersled filter kit on my 1000

Attachments

• 180-8033_IMG.jpg
    180-8033_IMG.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 180-8034_IMG.jpg
    180-8034_IMG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 75
  • 180-8035_IMG.jpg
    180-8035_IMG.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 180-8036_IMG.jpg
    180-8036_IMG.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 180-8037_IMG.jpg
    180-8037_IMG.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 88

highlandrider

Reaction score
Here are some pics of 08 800R thermostat installed in a 05 RT 1000. The third pic is of the uni-filters installed in the airbox.

Attachments

• Themo 1.jpg
    Themo 1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 74
  • thermo 2.jpg
    thermo 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Unifilter 1.jpg
    Unifilter 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 78
Top Bottom