04 kingcat clutching issue

dtben

Reaction score
Was riding in revelstoke this weekend on my 04 kingcat. After about an hour of riding my machine started acting strange. when I would lean it over to the left in a turn the track stopped turning and the engine would over rev. When the machine came back level, the clutch would engage and the track would spin normally. When turning right or riding straight the machine performed normal. What would the tipping the machine to the left do to disengage the drive?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was riding in revelstoke this weekend on my 04 kingcat. After about an hour of riding my machine started acting strange. when I would lean it over to the left in a turn the track stopped turning and the engine would over rev. When the machine came back level, the clutch would engage and the track would spin normally. When turning right or riding straight the machine performed normal. What would the tipping the machine to the left do to disengage the drive?

Wow,,,,,,,,Never heard of that one,Hope someone has the answer!
catmando!

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of powder there? Coming in through the vents on the hood and melting, causing the belt to slip. I usually try to keep the revs up to try and dry the belt out and get it to catch again.

tekim :D

dtben

Reaction score
yeah there was lots of powder. once it started happening, i was climbing up a hill, turned out to the left and got stuck because the track quit spinning. I could rev the engine and the track would not turn. Got the nose pointed down hill and for the rest of the day, when i had to turn the machine hard i would lay it over on the right side. But yeah, there was alot of powder and it was definately wet everywhere under the hood.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting snow on the belt. On my cat it was coming in between the hood and top of the side panel on the clutch side and like you said it can get you in trouble sometimes. Hope you figure it out. How was the snow out there ?

rdr99

Reaction score
As stated above. You are getting snow on to the clutches. Check around your bellypan and bulkhead joint, might need more silicone sealing. Are any of the hood vents missing? Is the plug for the clutch bolt in the side of the bellypan missing? Might want to change the belt. It is probably pretty glazed now.

kingkat88

Reaction score
as they said, the vents in the hood are letting snow in, i have the same machine and on mine i cut rubber pieces and put them int the 3 larger vents in the hood but leave the top smaller ones open and it will work great!

Top Bottom