03 Summit....Can one widen the ski stance?

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a kit to widen the ski stance on these things........

On the trails I find it a little tippy in the corners..........

Im in the process of moving to Ontario and might be riding majority of groomed trails and instead of selling the sled..........thought maybe I can make it a little more trail friendly.

I know it's narrower for a reason, but My MXZ700 is much more stable as it has a wider stance, wondering if I can get a kit for the summit?

CHeers

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there bushings on the skiis that you can move from the inside of the spindle to the outside thereby widening the stance? A couple of model years had it, just not sure which.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there bushings on the skiis that you can move from the inside of the spindle to the outside thereby widening the stance? A couple of model years had it, just not sure which.

THANKS !

Well yes, you can swap the ski's from one side to the other. The skis are shaped differently on each side, one side flat edge and the other like a regular ski .........Which at first I thought it only widened the Floatation stance..............but after you mentioned it I took a closer look......and I see that the piece of the ski mount that attaches to the spindle is offset from the center of the ski and it should widen the carbide stance if I swap them.................

Now I feel stupid :PDT_lam: :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom