'03 800 Mtn. Cat

ridndirty

Reaction score
I bought an old 800 Mountain Cat this fall, expecting to find tons of aftermarket goodies to spend the rest of my cash on. Except for the odd silencer, all I can find is stuff for the 900's. did they not make the 800 very long, or did I just buy too late?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an old 800 Mountain Cat this fall, expecting to find tons of aftermarket goodies to spend the rest of my cash on. Except for the odd silencer, all I can find is stuff for the 900's. did they not make the 800 very long, or did I just buy too late?

There is lots for yuor Cat. What are you looking for in particular?

D&D Racing
Speedwerx
SLP

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots for yuor Cat. What are you looking for in particular?

D&D Racing
Speedwerx
SLP

I ran D&D and switched to SLP later on my sled, SLP was 2 lbs lighter & ceramic coated but I liked the sound of D&D better.

I was thinking about modding out my 900 but then I ran the figures and saw how much I'd spend on the sled... so I bought a newer sled instead. Sometimes miss the old torque from that 900.. but that's it.

ridndirty

Reaction score
Sorry about the slow reply on this one, busy with work. I was hoping to find some good used suspension stuff, and maybe a pipe/pipes, for it. So far, all I can find is some new seats and lightweight cans.

ridndirty

Reaction score
We have a few miles on the sled now and found out that it really doesnt need alot of mods. I would like to move the post ahead though, Is a wildchild post built with a kink in it to clear the throttle body, or is it just moved over for clearance?

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you like the D&D for sound? I bought my 800 with D&D on it and it is quiet...sounds like stock, which doesn't bother me but I thought it would sound a little meaner. It was just put on before I bought it, do they get louder as they get broke in?:beer:

I ran D&D and switched to SLP later on my sled, SLP was 2 lbs lighter & ceramic coated but I liked the sound of D&D better.

I was thinking about modding out my 900 but then I ran the figures and saw how much I'd spend on the sled... so I bought a newer sled instead. Sometimes miss the old torque from that 900.. but that's it.

Top Bottom