02' RMK 800 Temp Light

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fresh rebuild, fired it up and running like crap, Temp light is on, checked all the wiring re-saudred a few wires that were bad, still same thing, running really rich (probibly just the oil I have in the tank), and sounds like a 4 stroke...had a digatron wired in before the rebuild and digitron didn't get wired back in, changed the temp sensor from the digatron sensor to the original sensor same thing. Heats up all good from front to back circulating good, no air that I can find, what could it be?? I don't think the 02' had a DET sensor? Oh yeah Temp light is on solid while idleing take it for a spin and it flashes. Any sugestions ??

loffelbein88

Reaction score
engine temp sensor on top of head.unplug it and loop the end of sled harness end into it self wit a piece of wire and try it. if it starts working needs temp sensor.ha to do mine.exact same problem

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just replaced sensor, same thing, thermostat is functioning properly. NO AIR in system had it flipped on its side and bleeding system while reving up made a huge mess but garuntee their is no air. I'm lost on this one, Comp?? ground??

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything on the timing in the stator?

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just replaced sensor, same thing, thermostat is functioning properly. NO AIR in system had it flipped on its side and bleeding system while reving up made a huge mess but garuntee their is no air. I'm lost on this one, Comp?? ground??

Buddy of mine has an 02 Rmk also. The temp light was flashing & had not much help from polaris. The sensor is still plugged into the harness, but he bought a temp display from koso, to monitor himself. Light still flickers and does weird crap. But the sled runs like a top! :cool:

Doesn't help your problem, but I'm sure you can rule out the temp light to the ECU as an issue.... Unless it's a grounded sensor problem, or the ECU itself?

Sorry, not much more for ya! :(

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a freinds sled a 2004 800 rmk doing the exact same thing,i have been trying to figure this out as well with no luck,just rebuilt the motor and was working fine untill second ride,if i find anything i will post it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a freinds sled a 2004 800 rmk doing the exact same thing,i have been trying to figure this out as well with no luck,just rebuilt the motor and was working fine untill second ride,if i find anything i will post it.

New CDI fixed the issues I was having, sled is running great now.

boatworks

Reaction score
I had the same issues with my 04 after rebuilding the bottom and top end. Went for a ride same thing changed temp senor ran ok for the next trip then the oil and temp light was on solid ran like it blew up again. Changed the cdi seemed like electrical issues just about new sensors everywhere then thought it was the mag took the engine out removed the recoil found that my water pump belt slipped and flipped over changed that and runs better than new.
I guess it was a saftey in the cdi cutting the timing back cause there was no oil and water moving..

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just put a new stator in my 02 800 and there was a mark up on the top of the stator that i lined up but it would be nice to know how to time it

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a hole in your cover just above your stator that you can aim a timing gun @ If I remember correctly it's "supposed to be 29deg @ 4000 RPM +/-

Top Bottom