LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member Hotwheels81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Valleyview AB
    Posts
    62

    Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Been on the hunt for an avy bag and the new Highmark Charger has cought my eye...
    Curious to hear some opinions on this as with all the good fall deals on avy bags rite now I'm trying to decide between a tek vest and ABS bag or the charger as a dual role?...
    To me it seems the charger is not going to give nearly the coverage of a dedicated vest...



  2. #2
    Member kovs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    saskatoon, sask
    Posts
    484

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Have you looked at the new bca mtn pro vest/ avy bag.

  3. #3
    Member
    cattechsummitrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    sask
    Posts
    395

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
    Been on the hunt for an avy bag and the new Highmark Charger has cought my eye...
    Curious to hear some opinions on this as with all the good fall deals on avy bags rite now I'm trying to decide between a tek vest and ABS bag or the charger as a dual role?...
    To me it seems the charger is not going to give nearly the coverage of a dedicated vest...

    Had a highmark avy vest, got rid of it, It was a nice unit, but I found having a vest WAY to hot,, Bought a ABS back pack because they are the only ones that have two bags that have independent valves in case one gets punctured.

  4. #4
    Member Hotwheels81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Valleyview AB
    Posts
    62

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by kovs View Post
    Have you looked at the new bca mtn pro vest/ avy bag.
    I've watched some reviews on it and I'm just not a fan of how it's laid out inside.

  5. #5
    Member
    posnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spruce Grove, Ab
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    I ran the BCA Vest last season. Wasnt a fan of it. My shovel wouldnt fit inside so I had to buy a BCA shovel. No place on the outside for shovel and probe and the adapter thats available for it is kind of a joke. Also the pull handle is bell shaped and actually wore a hole in the pocket. They did replace it under warranty.

    I did buy the Charger bag at the show. It fits well, Canisters are universal and has good padding in the front. Won't be wearing my 669 chest protector anymore.

  6. #6
    Member etecheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boyle, Alberta
    Posts
    543

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    i have heard vest are hot and not comfortable to have your beacon underneath which leads guys to putting the beacon in the vest pockets... which i dont see as safe as having it tight to the body underneath where it cant get ripped away.

    I wear my teck vest underneath so my oute rgear is not restricted any.
    2014 Summit X XM 163" Black/ Black
    2017 CRF 450RX YETI 129 Freeride Snowbike Build



  7. #7
    Member Hotwheels81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Valleyview AB
    Posts
    62

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by posnick View Post
    I ran the BCA Vest last season. Wasnt a fan of it. My shovel wouldnt fit inside so I had to buy a BCA shovel. No place on the outside for shovel and probe and the adapter thats available for it is kind of a joke. Also the pull handle is bell shaped and actually wore a hole in the pocket. They did replace it under warranty.

    I did buy the Charger bag at the show. It fits well, Canisters are universal and has good padding in the front. Won't be wearing my 669 chest protector anymore.

    Thanks! pretty much confirms exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the BCA vest..

  8. #8
    Member Hotwheels81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Valleyview AB
    Posts
    62

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by cattechsummitrider View Post
    Had a highmark avy vest, got rid of it, It was a nice unit, but I found having a vest WAY to hot,, Bought a ABS back pack because they are the only ones that have two bags that have independent valves in case one gets punctured.

    Watch the end of the video... Two bags aren't always better than one.




  9. #9
    Member iceman5689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hilltop Mtn
    Posts
    801

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    Had a look at it also, not sold on the over the head design.
    Instagram; adrenalineaddiction5689
    18 Gen 4 650 etec 137 3"

  10. #10
    Member
    cattechsummitrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    sask
    Posts
    395

    Re: Highmark Charger avy bag reviews/opinions?

    I have seen that vid,,, looks like the one bag wasn't packed properly( with any bag there is a certain way to pack them) It shows some inflation, Better one side working with 2 bags then only one bag and it not working

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •