LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts

121" to 136' track

Discuss 121" to 136' track in the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUMS forums; I am considering doing a 121 to 136" track extension from " Hartman Inc" on my Phazer gt . has ...

Post Thanks / Like

121" to 136' track

I am considering doing a 121 to 136" track extension from " Hartman Inc" on my Phazer gt . has anyone here done it and if so , did it change up wtihout too much grief ? and how much Of a difference did it make to the the way the Phazer handles. I ride trail and thats about it but would consider the mountains if the 136" track were a help in the r powder

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 121" to 136' track

We have done 2 121-136 and just a new track on 136 this year. every thing worked flawlessly, time consuming but esay. For sure tunnel ext, poss need a bumper,check your sliders,and shocks. They are esay to do when the skids out.
    09 xp x 800 146

07 Prowler 650XT H1
    07 Tango 29'

Post Thanks / Like

Had a 84 phazer that we did a 136 on it did not change the handling on the trails it if any thing i found it to handle better as for the powder it made a exceptional difference as for the phazer is a light sled and with the longer track and suspension under it i was able to go just as good in the powder as my freinds with the 144s and 156s it will make a world of difference on your phaser it will be just like riding a totally different machine youll enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha Pete is going 136! I knew you liked the "KITTY"
    But it will still be a boat anchor

SD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I think I might do it but maybe in the spring( I dont want to risk losing precious riding time in the winter )
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Doug ! dont be so hard on yourself man ,I never thought the cat was a boat anchor

Supporting Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the hartman track kit if you got the complete kit for your sled is super slick, we have installed about 5 of his kits and they are awesome, looks better than factory, and we have done about 25 different conversions over the last 5 0r 6 yrs,

dont be to concerned with a buddy and some knowledge or a service manual and the instructions that come with the kit i am sure you could do it on a sunday or a couple weeknights.

make sure you measure the clearance at the front of the tunnel if you are going from a 1 or 1,25 track up to a 1.5 or 2" , you may want to drop one size on the idle gears off your main drive shaft.

good luck,

terry