880 had a sleep over at bolder

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well out with the 880 this weekend and my c3 belt drive decided to ch!t the bed, (longer pull in wet heavy snow with nitrous) and since i have had belt drives i have had a spare belt with me, but we used a buddys trailer and never grabed the spare from mine... so only being around 2pm it somewhat sucked for the day...lol keven was at the motel at 730 am with two spares, thanks keven... said no breaks in the last two years, so maybe this was a isolated exsperience... it had around 800 miles on it

new belt is a bit wider and not built by gates, its a mitsuboshi, so we will see how this does, sweet to have cell coverage on the hill

keven mentioned that spare should not be balled up but rather left open in a backpack type location... i will now have two spares in the sled somewhere

overall thanks for the service c3

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 268

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya kevin is a great guy,,how much for the new style belt?How come ur not runnin the shoulder on the top sprocket?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 150 thou shim installed on the secondary to line up my primary and secondary better, but doing that i need to have more clearence on the c3 side, i opted to take it off since i think the belt should stay on gear with out it... keven mentioned that he has seen the belts run off before if they are ran very loose, on heavy load, he mentioned to tighten it to 1/2 play with 20 lbs force, the broken belt was tightend the moring it broke

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 150 thou shim installed on the secondary to line up my primary and secondary better, but doing that i need to have more clearence on the c3 side, i opted to take it off since i think the belt should stay on gear with out it... keven mentioned that he has seen the belts run off before if they are ran very loose, on heavy load, he mentioned to tighten it to 1/2 play with 20 lbs force, the broken belt was tightend the moring it broke

how wide is that belt compared to the polaris belt?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe to tight then? I ve never snapped one of mine but i did go threw 2 before they had the shoulder,they kept walkin off the sprocket. I even had kevin set up the 2nd one.. the gates belt is 1 3/8"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe to tight then? I ve never snapped one of mine but i did go threw 2 before they had the shoulder,they kept walkin off the sprocket. I even had kevin set up the 2nd one.. the gates belt is 1 3/8"

fred might have some more stress on the belt with the 3" track/880 and nitrous. not sure how much extra load that actually puts on the belt but im sure its significant

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 130 a belt, found the gates cheaper on the web, 90 dollars, would like to find a shorter belt, the belt tightner is at the end of its travel with this belt and its new, anyone have any ideas where to find a shorter one...

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fred might have some more stress on the belt with the 3" track/880 and nitrous. not sure how much extra load that actually puts on the belt but im sure its significant
I dont really think its a big track power output problem. Im pretty sure an 600 could put as much stress on the belt when It hooks up on that stump that was under the snow right before it pulls off a paddle. Not sure how it would work but as I have been looking at these belt setups, I would think a guy should be able to set up a tensioner system that would be spring loaded. Take peoples setup adjustment out of the picture.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my experience with 4 stroke bike motors and spring tensioners on the timing chains would keep me from using a spring tensioner system on any drive system components.

Spring tensions on smaller springs appear to be very inconsistent.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the new miti belt i have the belt tensioners set at almost the end of its travel, called around today for a shorter belt but no luck

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 65

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the new miti belt i have the belt tensioners set at almost the end of its travel, called around today for a shorter belt but no luck

Seems like after the coin you just dropped at C3 Kevin should take care of you no?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i sent pictures off to him today, but i have learned over the years to handle the issue my self rather than waiting... i think he is very busy getting everything out the door right now

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well out with the 880 this weekend and my c3 belt drive decided to ch!t the bed, (longer pull in wet heavy snow with nitrous) and since i have had belt drives i have had a spare belt with me, but we used a buddys trailer and never grabed the spare from mine... so only being around 2pm it somewhat sucked for the day...lol keven was at the motel at 730 am with two spares, thanks keven... said no breaks in the last two years, so maybe this was a isolated exsperience... it had around 800 miles on it

new belt is a bit wider and not built by gates, its a mitsuboshi, so we will see how this does, sweet to have cell coverage on the hill

keven mentioned that spare should not be balled up but rather left open in a backpack type location... i will now have two spares in the sled somewhere

overall thanks for the service c3

What's up with the cogs on the belt? Something does not look right there, something get in the belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom