2008 MXZ Renegade X 600 HO Powder Friendly

IEATSRT

Reaction score
Hey guys, have the sled mentioned in the title for my wife. Was wanting to make it a bit better in the powder and less of a trail sled without spending too much on it. Just wanting some opinions. Was thinking of putting a bigger lugged track, possibly 1.75" or can I go bigger? Think it should be geared down a bit anyone have suggestions for gearing. Also think the skiis have to go, and last thing I am going to try is removing the sway bar.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, have the sled mentioned in the title for my wife. Was wanting to make it a bit better in the powder and less of a trail sled without spending too much on it. Just wanting some opinions. Was thinking of putting a bigger lugged track, possibly 1.75" or can I go bigger? Think it should be geared down a bit anyone have suggestions for gearing. Also think the skiis have to go, and last thing I am going to try is removing the sway bar.

I have a 2010 renegade X 800. Yes, install the 1.75 X 16 camoplast or even the 15 wide # 04-6799126. Gear it down 2 teeth on top (if still stock). I installed the freeride ski's (pilot DS) on mine. Just get a link so you can pop it on and off the swaybar for deep snow riding or trail riding.
You can go 2.25" on the track if you like and it will essentially be a freeride. Stock gearing on the 600 should be 22/45, skidoo used a 21/45 with the 1.75 from factory but one down is better.

Last edited:

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 renegade X 800. Yes, install the 1.75 X 16 camoplast or even the 15 wide # 04-6799126. Gear it down 2 teeth on top (if still stock). I installed the freeride ski's (pilot DS) on mine. Just get a link so you can pop it on and off the swaybar for deep snow riding or trail riding.
You can go 2.25" on the track if you like and it will essentially be a freeride. Stock gearing on the 600 should be 22/45, skidoo used a 21/45 with the 1.75 from factory but one down is better.

Agreed X2

IEATSRT

Reaction score
Thanks guys will look into this track and gearing. Tried it just yesterday without sway bar and much better. Still likes to dig in, almost like your catching and edge when counter steering in a carve, really have to fight it and steering in the powder is pretty heavy. Friend of mine has some powder pros going to let me try them to see if that helps, thinking they will make a big difference... if so will get a set for it as well. Will tighten up the front track shock some more also. Bought this sled second hand from my brother in law, for some reason thought it was a 144 but looks like it is only a 137 correct?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks guys will look into this track and gearing. Tried it just yesterday without sway bar and much better. Still likes to dig in, almost like your catching and edge when counter steering in a carve, really have to fight it and steering in the powder is pretty heavy. Friend of mine has some powder pros going to let me try them to see if that helps, thinking they will make a big difference... if so will get a set for it as well. Will tighten up the front track shock some more also. Bought this sled second hand from my brother in law, for some reason thought it was a 144 but looks like it is only a 137 correct?

Powder pros are good too, had them on a 2004 renegade.... you can get the pilot DS2 skis (same as summit from BRP)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ext wife gade 137 to a 141 and 2 in lugs and gearing/clutching and it is a 600 and great machine now and she wouldn't change it for the world. Good and if you guys ever want to ride the mountains buzz us. Goodluck

Top Bottom