Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the colors reminice of the 90's,

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with the 90's?? lots of good things came from the 90's

Pogs, Goosebump books, Fruit of the loom, Spice girls, Reebok pumps......

This is one of the reasons I don't remember the 90's.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO exactly. Most guys don't like them because their buddy don't. Nice to see Doo step into the 20th century. Air shocks are like the rubber paddle tracks and spring shocks are the old plastic 2" paddles. A set of "X" package shocks with 1980's technology costs more than a pair of float R's anyway - don't know what you guys are sad about.

Guys are trying to make spring shocks ride like air, with double or triple spring rate springs now, or you can have infinitely adjustable air rates......hmmmm. adjustable ride height vs fixed. Air shocks don't sag out like springs. Easy to adjust on the hill with a few quick pumps, it takes way longer to get out the big wrenches and start raising or lowering the spring tension. Lighter than spring shocks. Only place spring shocks tend to ride a little better is on the trail and small stutter bumps. You can get a softer ride now with the floats anyways, just use the canisters and increase the air volume. LHF doesn't like them because they don't make a set to fit the wedge chassis.....

I haven't seen any tangible proof about why they are "no good", other than that specific comment. Never blown a seal, don't know what this is about other than making a mountain out of a molehill. If you are getting stuff up into the seal, you should be using the proper shock protectors (should be using them regardless IMO) and not pumping them up to 250 PSI. They require maintenance like most other high performance items, its worth the very limited extra effort though. The new 3's have an updated seal and harder coating as well, so this will likely be less of a minimal issue than it is now.
I disagree my friend. after spending a whole day trying to dial in a sno pro with fox floats I just gave up and resigned myself to the fact the thing was going to handle like a POS in anything other than a foot of fresh snow. there's a reason why these floats are only used in this application, because they are light and can function somewhat like a regular coil over shock absorber. where are all the snocross sleds that use floats? how about motocross? ATV racing? it takes longer to adjust the air in a float than it does to turn the collar on any decent coil over to adjust spring tension.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree my friend. after spending a whole day trying to dial in a SNOW PRO with fox floats I just gave up and resigned myself to the fact the thing was going to handle like a POS in anything other than a foot of fresh snow. there's a reason why these floats are only used in this application, because they are light and can function somewhat like a regular coil over shock absorber. where are all the snocross sleds that use floats? how about motocross? ATV racing? it takes longer to adjust the air in a float than it does to turn the collar on any decent coil over to adjust spring tension.

thats your problem write there!!!There is no shock/spring combo that can help a M chassis .fresh snow they float around but on the trail they are like suicide !!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Business is picking up at the bottom of this thread. T minus 1 hour.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our backstage team is ready. Watch us reveal the 2015 sleds LIVE at 7:45pm EST. www.BRPreveal.com

Our backstage team is ready. Watch us reveal the 2015 sleds LIVE at 7:45pm EST. www.BRPreveal.com

here's what it looks like from where my buddy is sitting lol
1618505_10151948994612021_2016892243_n.jpg

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yepp, that green is pretty much my favorite colour! Sold! (Except the pink spindles. ..hmmmm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are currently 104 users browsing this thread. (52 members and 52 guests)

• +,

Top Bottom