2015 ski-doo lineup preview.........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh... you run the same risk of busting a spring and being done for the day. Given that I've busted more springs than blown seals so far, I think you're blowin it out of proportion.

A piece of steel ain't reliable just because it's a piece of steel.

Sound like a doo rider just tryin' to explain why someone elses good idea is worse, just like how we like to tell everyone that t-motion is a bad idea and prone to break. :)

Right........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I commend Ski-doo for not putting garbage fox float shocks on their sled, just to a little save weight....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those yellow skis look like the old ones they started using on the zx n then on the rev,sure looks like they got ports in the 74 track.

Ya they look like side hiller skis the zx and 04 revs had

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Ski Doo's 2015 model release scheduled for today is a bit obscure as to the "What" the 2015 models will be exactly. Or... am I missing an internet secret website that puts an end to the speculation chit chat...
:Ponder:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh Randy is like all of us.....brand loyal but love's this time of the year as all true sledders do. Its always exciting no matter what brand you ride to see what everyone else brings to the table. New tech benefits us all in the big picture!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Ahhhh Randy is like all of us.....brand loyal but love's this time of the year as all true sledders do. Its always exciting no matter what brand you ride to see what everyone else brings to the table. New tech benefits us all in the big picture!

mines better.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Agreed.. If the other three werent pushing the bar so hard.. None of the brands anyone likes.. regardless of which... would get any better.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know martins has a guy out east right now spill the beans T team anything BIG? other then 174 3"?

may have a real nice 2013 xm to trade in ......:eek:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
IMG_3203orc.jpg
SOMEONE POSTED THIS ONTO FACEBOOK TODAY.... 990CC? COULD IT BE?
??????????????

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh... you run the same risk of busting a spring and being done for the day. Given that I've busted more springs than blown seals so far, I think you're blowin it out of proportion.

A piece of steel ain't reliable just because it's a piece of steel.

Sound like a doo rider just tryin' to explain why someone elses good idea is worse, just like how we like to tell everyone that t-motion is a bad idea and prone to break. :)

LMAO exactly. Most guys don't like them because their buddy don't. Nice to see Doo step into the 20th century. Air shocks are like the rubber paddle tracks and spring shocks are the old plastic 2" paddles. A set of "X" package shocks with 1980's technology costs more than a pair of float R's anyway - don't know what you guys are sad about.

Guys are trying to make spring shocks ride like air, with double or triple spring rate springs now, or you can have infinitely adjustable air rates......hmmmm. adjustable ride height vs fixed. Air shocks don't sag out like springs. Easy to adjust on the hill with a few quick pumps, it takes way longer to get out the big wrenches and start raising or lowering the spring tension. Lighter than spring shocks. Only place spring shocks tend to ride a little better is on the trail and small stutter bumps. You can get a softer ride now with the floats anyways, just use the canisters and increase the air volume. LHF doesn't like them because they don't make a set to fit the wedge chassis.....

I haven't seen any tangible proof about why they are "no good", other than that specific comment. Never blown a seal, don't know what this is about other than making a mountain out of a molehill. If you are getting stuff up into the seal, you should be using the proper shock protectors (should be using them regardless IMO) and not pumping them up to 250 PSI. They require maintenance like most other high performance items, its worth the very limited extra effort though. The new 3's have an updated seal and harder coating as well, so this will likely be less of a minimal issue than it is now.

Top Bottom