2012 xp TSS setup

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill call them monday, bought thought i'd post up here. Getting my TSS kit setup. Yesterday sled was running well 8-9 lbs boost, 79-8000, 11.5 afr. Problem is sled runs great on hard pack, but track speed falls off in deep snow. Has to be clutching, correct? Sled is running a Baker skid, 21 top gear.

Backcountrypro

Reaction score
11.5 afr would be considered fairly rich on my Turbo Performance set up. I know on mine once the afr drops below 12.0 the power seems to fall off. I like to run mine around 12.2 to 12.5.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try turning down your main fuel on the boost it box, it should be running in the mid 12's for max torque and trackspeed

yammyman

Reaction score
Mine runs at 11.5+/- most of the time too. But other times it's at 14.8. All around 6000'. Haven't adjusted my controller at all.

I also had my boost gauge dropping to about -2# and going up 5# instead of 0-7 (usually around mid-day. TSS says it's due to vacuum created throughout the days temp. drops.
Could this also affect the AF gauge reading?

I thought mine was losing track speed too, but sometimes I think it's just the track spinning, due to less resistance than say hard pack. Mine pulls on hard pack too.

I've been trying to be more smooth on the throttle and it seems to make a huge difference in the deep. Similar to a smooth transition from a dead stop to getting on top of the snow instead of trenching. Watch how it trenches when you're in the deep.

Seems to be a bit of a learning curve with a turbo.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boost gauge also drops down to -5 sitting when in the garage? lol, it sometimes flashes in the 11's for a brief second but sticks around 12.4 12.5 for some serious haul ass :D

Last edited:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove the Philips screw on the front of he boost gauge. Some glycerin will drain out and it will reset to zero. It's simply a change in pressure from altitude to your garage, mine does the same thing.

Sent while on double bubble.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has a slight bog right at 6000/6250 rpm if I hold the throttle there, right when the boost starts coming on, anybody else have this? Or is it just me, if I blip the throttle it is not noticeable only when holding the throttle right in that range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any of you change your thermostats when you boosted your sleds or all still just running stock stats??

Deano

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has a slight bog right at 6000/6250 rpm if I hold the throttle there, right when the boost starts coming on, anybody else have this? Or is it just me, if I blip the throttle it is not noticeable only when holding the throttle right in that range

Mine does that occasionally under steady throttle. Easy remedy is just don't hold it there. I believe this is when the raves are staring to open? Maybe I'm wrong.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does that occasionally under steady throttle. Easy remedy is just don't hold it there. I believe this is when the raves are staring to open? Maybe I'm wrong.

Aye right when the boost Starts coming on, I thought it was a rich or lean bog that could be helped by adjusting the threshold(point at where the xic begins to operate) but if every1 has it I'm not Gona mess with it, I don't have a threshold setting on my box anyways for some strange reason only threshold baro

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Try clicking up a click or two on the clutches. maybe turn up the boost a little. I can't speak for the 2012's. But that thing will wake up big time if you get it running 12.3-12.8 afr

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have this kit as well...wondering what everyone is seeing for kms before first motor job.

There are two on kijiji right now one says 2000 km on chassis and 600 km on new crate motor, looks like Destroyers old sled.The other one is an instaboost with new engine.

Mine runs awesome so far but looks like some do go down just like everything else.who knows why those two had issues.

Last edited:

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marek got 4500kms on his 13 tss turbo and said when he pulled the top end everything looked fine

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am currently at 1900km. Wondering where everyone is seeing 12.3 -8 on the main fuel and at what boost level. Has anyone went over 10lbs on Av? As well my afr seems to crap in and out...sometimes it will light up and others it will not read at all...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am currently at 1900km. Wondering where everyone is seeing 12.3 -8 on the main fuel and at what boost level. Has anyone went over 10lbs on Av? As well my afr seems to crap in and out...sometimes it will light up and others it will not read at all...

I've been running 10-12lbs of boost on straight avgas all year with no problems at all. Haven't even thrown a single det code.

For main fuel I believe that I am about 125 which has me around 12.6 on a long pull. The biggest thing is you need to be on a long pull wide open for at least 8-10 seconds to get a good idea of what you're running for air fuel and boost. I too found the AEM afr gauge provided to be a little flaky plus the lead in the avgas is tough on the o2 sensors as we'll. I've gone through about 4 sensors these last 2years.

Top Bottom