2008 summit XP restoration and turbo build up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw In the other XP build up thread everyone debating thermostats.
Im running an Engine Tech thermostat. Worked good on the 880, should
be good for the turbo too I think.

0605131942-01.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im very happy with my engine tech thermostat. It made a huge difference on my sled.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got most the parts i need,, minus the projets,, i still need to source.

but looks like the project is on hold for 6weeks or so,,, busted my arm today dirt bikin,,F#CK!!!

i need surgery but have to wait for a bed to become available...wtf yay alberta health care:mad:
one of the richest places in the world and no beds,, read:no staff.. cause they spend all the money on addministration bs... fml

but if some one wants to listen to me whine about life and come put the engine back in my sled let me know...lol

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engines ready to go back in now that im healed up. This thing will be a runner here right away! Oil delete:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much oil u put the the pump hole ??

And do ya just keep the big tube filled up ??

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much oil u put the the pump hole ??

And do ya just keep the big tube filled up ??

The oil pump shaft reservoir is completely full, 15cc in the line with the stock oil tank vent

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do ya ever have to fill it ??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do ya ever have to fill it ??

If you lose oil that means your crank seals are gone. I will change it every so often just because oils break down over time.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I.c.

Not sure if I want to premix ect.

Just hope the pump stays working lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I.c.

Not sure if I want to premix ect.

Just hope the pump stays working lol

Yeah I never had trouble with the Oil pump. The Cable broke once and my tank was leaking bad. Plus I wanted to clean it up under the hood and lose some weight. This way I can have better control over the mixture too. Some people when doing the delete tap a hole into the cover plate,, run a fiting and hose off that to a little reservoir, makes it easier to change the oil too. I've got other sled to ride tho,, so wont be putting on a ton of miles on this one and it not a big deal for me to pull the motor every once in a while.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DUDE !!! ... orsum thread and I can't believe I haven't seen this thread until today?
well, just coz we rode a few days together doesn't mean I internet stalk buddies every move.

its great to see this sled that has been so many places, get a new lease on life ...

keep us informed and I can't wait to see it in action ... and maybe take a turbo 2stroke for a spin ... hehe ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U would have to sell the r.t tank the dude if u took it for a spin

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock fuel pump on right, New fuel pump middle, boost ref fuel pressure regulator on left

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roughed in fuel pump, regulator & lines

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock fuel pump on right, New fuel pump middle, boost ref fuel pressure regulator on left http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/0819131923-00_zps96303154.jpg

Just a FYI, those style of Holley fuel pumps are not really made for boost. They typically cavitate, just my experience.

also your block off plate should have a oil feed with reservoir. I know if your loosing oil the seals are not doing there job. But all seals leak a percentage, and what if you got a problem 2 ranges back in the bush, at least you would catch it and limp it out.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI, those style of Holley fuel pumps are not really made for boost. They typically cavitate, just my experience.

also your block off plate should have a oil feed with reservoir. I know if your loosing oil the seals are not doing there job. But all seals leak a percentage, and what if you got a problem 2 ranges back in the bush, at least you would catch it and limp it out.
The fuel pump is good for 14psi & I only need 12 out of it. So it should be fine. If not ill get something else... Ill be able to see if its losing oil from the vent hose and be able to add oil threw it if I had too in a pinch. I see no need for the reservoir for my application. I thought about running one tho,, might change my mind. Thanks:beer:

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adding/changing the oil part would a lot be easier for sure with the reservoir setup. Im taking a bit of a gamble banking on not having too add oil on the hill.. Here is a pic of what Oler is talking about for those who might be thinking of doing an oil delete:

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fuel pump is good for 14psi & I only need 12 out of it.

actually holley red pumps are good to 7-9psi, holley blue and black are good for 12-14psi. Holley red pumps are a good for a stock replacement pump or a additional pump for nitrous systems.

how much boost are you going to be running?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually holley red pumps are good to 7-9psi, holley blue and black are good for 12-14psi. Holley red pumps are a good for a stock replacement pump or a additional pump for nitrous systems.

how much boost are you going to be running?
This is a Holley Blue...(don't let the sticker fool yea...lol) Id like to run 12lbs boost,, but Aero Charger says with the 53series 7lbs boost is about the most I want to run. So Im shooting for 7lbs boost. 3-5lbs fuel pressure at idle,, 10-12 fuel pressure at full boost. I looked at a lot of different fuel pumps and this one fit my application best IMO.

Last edited:

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a Holley Blue...(don't let the sticker fool yea...lol) Id like to run 12lbs boost,, but Aero Charger says with the 53series 7lbs boost is about the most I want to run. So Im shooting for 7lbs boost. 3-5lbs fuel pressure at idle,, 10-12 fuel pressure at full boost. I looked at a lot of different fuel pumps and this one fit my application best IMO.

You should do a google search, Gus Bohne on snowest.. He know how to make carb turbos work, like referencing the fuel press reg off the pipe so you can run lower fuel pressures at idle ( 2psi) and have more fuel press under boost so you can run smaller jets and less power jet.

Top Bottom