First Carbed Sled Jetting Help

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, i just picked up a mountain cat with the following done to it, 800cc twin w/ Union Bay Racing engine mods, high compression heads, SLP twin pipes, V-Force II Reeds, Diamond S hood w/ bolt on light, KickAss air filters.

The previous owner said it was set up to run around 4,000 feet, i am wanting to run it around 6,300-7,300 feet. I was wondering what you can tell me about what to run for proper jetting, i am going to pull it into the shop on Monday to see what jets are in it right now.

Thanks

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might be the simpleton's way of doing it. I would check to see what jets are in it now. Buy the next 2 sizes down. Jet it down 1 size and take the extra jets with you on your next trip.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, before i ripped the sled apart i was having a problem with an extremely high idle, i would cold start it, and it would kick into high idle, and just stay there, and keep going up, i would kick the choke on and it would slow down and idle really low, and when i took the choke off it would stay at the low idle bogging until i would blip the throttle, and then it would go back up to high idle. What's going on?

precisionjoe

Reaction score
So, before i ripped the sled apart i was having a problem with an extremely high idle, i would cold start it, and it would kick into high idle, and just stay there, and keep going up, i would kick the choke on and it would slow down and idle really low, and when i took the choke off it would stay at the low idle bogging until i would blip the throttle, and then it would go back up to high idle. What's going on?

I am having the same issue. I have adjusted the needles up as suggested somewhere else but this did not solve the problem.

Need more help here. Do I need to increase the jet size? The plugs are light carmel color.

Just for information I have added a can and opened up the air box added fresh air intake and v force reeds.

Top Bottom