Carry over to next year

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question, I took ZacTracs AST1 classroom, but could not line up a time to do the field session. Next year will I need to do the classroom again before doing the field?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also took ZacTrac's course. 3 of us grabbed the course but with work couldnt make the field days.
Can we carry over the classroom credits?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also took ZacTrac's course. 3 of us grabbed the course but with work couldnt make the field days.
Can we carry over the classroom credits?

you know i'm not a genious, but why don't you just phone lori at zac's and ask. or is this forum that assumes, that we know everything. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Yep, usually this forum is that awesome! I see super insightful answers all the time! :d
Haven't been on line much this season...thanks to imdoo'n and everyone else that chimes in when I don't.

Yes, you can carry over for a year, BUT it is recommended to re-take to stay fresh.

Content and class discussion change up each season and most riders find that they learn a ton the second time around...everything isn't quite so new.

Remember, avy training isn't a rubber stamp. :nono:
The goal is to fill the 'tool box' with new ideas and skills. :)
You don't want to be the guy riding around with the dollar store crescent wrench. :eek: :confused:
You want to be :cool: surrounded by riders :cool: with fully stocked, specialty toolboxes: training
and skills to gather and interpret weather, snow, terrain, travel habits, rescue skills.... :cool:
Just like the SnapOn van, Zac's are only in the neighborhood once in a while
with 'new stock' coming in on a regular basis. :d
To highlight hot topics we will also 'reposition things a bit differently on the shelf'.
It pays to browse once in awhile.
You'll always walk away with something new.
(...at least that's what Randy did every time that tool van pulled in the yard! ;) )

(Pretty creative story...honest I haven't been drinking...lately! :rolleyes: ..even maxed out the emoticons...didn't know that was possible... )

We've had some guys repeat the class 4 times. Nah,...they're not slow..just super inquisitive guys that bring new photos, videos, maps and questions to each class to brush up and get a new perspective.

We have posted a tentative schedule for next season.

Field sessions are not yet posted. December - February.
Likely same locations as last season: Valemount, Golden, Fernie, Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge. Maybe Revy and Blue River.

Hopefully schedules work out and you're able to catch up to a field session! Your riding partners will thank you!

Top Bottom