The next XP checkover

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went on our club supper ride and only made it to Bruderhiem and the exhaust bolts fell out of my sled. So all you 800R engine riders out there check your bolts. I thought they had the FIX for this last year so good thing its going in for the handlebar warmers,gearing rear shock and now exhaust bolts. I thought BRP had a fancy new lock washer design that fixed the problem Guess NOT. So go grab your Allen Wrenches and start checking your manifold bolts. Sure glad it didn`t happen in Golden last weekend. Me and the Polaris guys could of drank ALL the beer waiting in the trailers.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the trick for reaching those inside ones at the bottom there. Besides not doing it when it's hot.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut off the short end of the key so it is shorter or you could use a ball end allan key. It does help when they are cool, saves on the burn cream and band-aids. hahaha:D I used the star lock washers and high-temp RTV, never had a problem again, but still check them every oil fill.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I remove my pipe, only takes a second with the proper tool, then I can check everyhting over and clean in there. I have done this 3 times in about 1200 kms and have not found anything loose "yet". Thanks Glen for the heads up.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
To get at the bolts, you need a 5mm ball end allen key. Cut the 90 degree section off and use it with a 5mm socket on a 1/4" drive. I had 3 fall out the mag side when I was in Mcbride this year. Clean them, add Blue loc-tite and tighten. Same problem as last year.....

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check your rear shock for signs of oil leakage. Added this to my growing list for warranty work needed.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Check your rear shock for signs of oil leakage. Added this to my growing list for warranty work needed.

Don't think that you are special and always carry spares even after the fix. Just be sure that when you check the bolts that you don't disturb the thread lock if you can't move it easy it's good.

Top Bottom