just north of edmonton

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just went for a rip in this snow storm, i could not believe how much snow fell!
the Sturgeon River is still a little soft but no trouble for a sled would watch with a quad tho
deep snow in the fields, bring on more snow!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well isn't that just great...they day after I leave...and here I am in NB...where I could go boating down most of the main streets right now

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well isn't that just great...they day after I leave...and here I am in NB...where I could go boating down most of the main streets right now

Sucks to be you :eek:..........:d

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had fun tonight in the ditches on highway 28 near 37. The ditches are drifted in a foot or more in places. Fun! Still coming down hard.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet things are better in Fort McNewfie, Ab.

Nis240

Reaction score
I had fun tonight in the ditches on highway 28 near 37. The ditches are drifted in a foot or more in places. Fun! Still coming down hard.

Is it legal to ride in the ditch? I was up around there today also...Just wondering?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it legal to ride in the ditch? I was up around there today also...Just wondering?

As long as you have insurance and registration I believe it is. Sturgeon County does have some off road vehicle bans in certain areas. The biggest is between highway 28 and highway 2, and south of highway 37 to the cities.

Effective December 14, 2004, the operation of off highway vehicles are banned from the Sandy Lake Wilderness area, Cardiff Park and Sturgeon Valley area (extending from Highway 2 east to Highway 28 and Highway 37 south to the city limits).

Here's more info.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By chance around 6:30-7ish? I was very jealous on my drive home from work lol

That time is about right. My second ride on my new Pro. I was on 37 east of the school and then on 28 south of 37 towards Edmonton. Good time had by me! :d

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i was southbound on 28. Was ready to see if the old intrepid would bust a few drifts and make it back onto the highway. Figured it was prob a bad idea. How was the snow out there? Thinkin a rip before nightshift tomorrow

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still a few bumps in the open fields, but the ditches and low sheltered areas drifted in with snow nicely. :beer:

ZakAttack

Reaction score
Just went for a couple hours in the Graminia area all the way down to by the river.. some ditches on the edge of fields have 3'-4' in them..

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Correction. According to the Mountie's riding the ditches along highways (28, 37, 2) is not permitted, but county roads are OK. Still see a lot of people in the ditches though.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This statement is correct they are usually pretty decent if they stop you and give you a handy info packet.Only heard of one guy getting a ticket and that was cause he ran away!

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out this aft bombing around the ditches. Snow is starting to set up nicely. Lots of sleds out in the "no off road areas in Surgeon" RC's dont have a sled do they ?? LOL

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet things are better in Fort McNewfie, Ab.

Heard they have been getting snow the last few days...about a foot or so. Not sure how accurate it is but I know there is a fair amount more there now than when I left :rant:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out today (Sunday) north of Hwy 37, snow still has no bottom to it, digging right down to the dirt. Was still fun to ride without having to drive for 6 hours to BC though.

Trench

Top Bottom