Nytro front Track Drive Bearing

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Changing my track I discovered that the left Track Drive bearing was not turning to well. It was cracked and not holding grease to well. Yamaha Part number 93306-20589-00, Now to check at Yamaha to see if they have if not to the bearing suppliers. You can't see in the picture too well but the top of the bearing is split. Keep and eye out for this.

Attachments

• bearing.jpg
    bearing.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 146

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing my track I discovered that the left Track Drive bearing was not turning to well. It was cracked and not holding grease to well. Yamaha Part number 93306-20589-00, Now to check at Yamaha to see if they have if not to the bearing suppliers. You can't see in the picture too well but the top of the bearing is split. Keep and eye out for this.

So did you get warranty on you track. Good catch on the bearing. could have gotten expensive if gone unchecked.

chem

Reaction score
I checked my bearing a few weeks ago, and with 4000 km the bearing was still perfect. Has anyone else been having issues with this bearing?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Damn Ron, I think you got the sled with every sh!t part they had in the plant. You sure have had your share of problems.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
changing my track i discovered that the left track drive bearing was not turning to well. It was cracked and not holding grease to well. Yamaha part number 93306-20589-00, now to check at yamaha to see if they have if not to the bearing suppliers. You can't see in the picture too well but the top of the bearing is split. Keep and eye out for this.

go to bc bearing, and i bet they can match it up for 1/2 the price of the yammy bearing........ Just sayin'

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replaced that bearing each season and it has been rough both times. The bearing in the upper chain case was bad this season also. Nothing in stock so went aftermarket on the seals and bearings. Curious to see how they look when I tear it down for PM this fall. I like to go through every bolt and bearing yearly, been 24 years since my last pull out of the hills and want to keep it that way. Seems like OEM paert are getting less reliable

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked my bearing a few weeks ago, and with 4000 km the bearing was still perfect. Has anyone else been having issues with this bearing?

On my Apex this bearing showed wear @ 4500kms, changed it out when I swapped the track. The bearing on the chain case side was still good but swapped it out anyways. If I remember right the bearing on the chain case side get an oil bath from the case oil. Same as the top bearing in the chain case, on the Apex at least.

l8r shawn

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
i'd recommend re-packing the jackshaft and drive axle bearing each year. They don't get the oil like the chaincase side and will corode without maintenance.
RS

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it myself but I'm told you can either pop the seal out or poke a hole and inject grease. I'm not going to try it unless I've got a spare bearing on hand.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I believe that reason for the failure on that bearing was from water getting in the bearing and Freezing. After riding we always put the sleds in the trailer and ran the heat for a bit and thawed them out, then either we ran out of propane or turned off the heater once they were thawed. Some water must of got in the bearing and then froze.
Im in the process of changing out all the bearings again. Its cheaper than having an issue on the hill and can ruin a good day for me and others.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RK is bang on that decision, three seasons and three bearing seal swaps for me and found a bad bearing each season. Surprisinly last fall the bearing behind the secondary was the worst, dont think it would have made season.
Yamaha rarely has them in stock, BC bearing dont have them but there is a bearing place on the west end that carried them in stock and seals for about 75% less cost, cant remember name at moment. BC Bearing reffered them to me. The widths are not exact but work, best to take them in with you as numbers dont cross reference well. I always go through my sled thourouly and this will be 26th season out west and never pulled out knock on wood!
Rather wrench in shop next to tool box and booze fridge

Top Bottom