Thinking of upgrading the 10 Nytro

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
There's a couple things I am thinking of adding to the new Nytro now that I've ridden it for a while. One is cosmetic and the other is a power mod. I would like to hear from others on these two topics;

1. What are the best bang for the dollar on polished Billet Wheels? I was thinking of changing the rear outers and the 4 smaller track wheels and didn't like the price of the Yamaha wheels at 500+ dollars. Anyone know a mfg that makes a kit to replace the outers at a decent price?

2. What's the deal on Stage 1 turbo kits? I was talking to guys at a local dealership and they have a MCX kit that runs at about 8 lbs of boost on a Nytro and makes around 200hp. Kit's are about 4500.00 installed and includes everything from what I was told. I'm am thinking seriously about adding a kit to this one that will run on pump gas but would like to hear from those who have turbo's on their Nytro's and what the pro's and cons are of one brand versus another.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% go MCX. Their low boost 180 kit runs incredible. I am almost considering taking my Headshim out due to the throttle response. I would buy another MCX kit in a second. With the low boost kit its all pros and no cons.

ddwell

Reaction score
There's a couple things I am thinking of adding to the new Nytro now that I've ridden it for a while. One is cosmetic and the other is a power mod. I would like to hear from others on these two topics;

1. What are the best bang for the dollar on polished Billet Wheels? I was thinking of changing the rear outers and the 4 smaller track wheels and didn't like the price of the Yamaha wheels at 500+ dollars. Anyone know a mfg that makes a kit to replace the outers at a decent price?

2. What's the deal on Stage 1 turbo kits? I was talking to guys at a local dealership and they have a MCX kit that runs at about 8 lbs of boost on a Nytro and makes around 200hp. Kit's are about 4500.00 installed and includes everything from what I was told. I'm am thinking seriously about adding a kit to this one that will run on pump gas but would like to hear from those who have turbo's on their Nytro's and what the pro's and cons are of one brand versus another.

I just purchased a inside wheel kit for my 2010 MTX, Big Nutz Axle kit with three 7" Black Anodize wheels from OFT Racing.com it was $240 for three wheels and $80 for the axle. I added 8" drop bracket wheels and those were $90 each, so $500 even for the set up. It should look cool, bolts into the stock 2010 rails. I believe yamaha wants about $500-600 just for a 2 wheel kit. I run a Impulse turbo kit it was pricey though, I think the MCX low boost kit is awsome to for the price.

Wheel kit:
2010%20SE%20Nytro

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I priced the Yammy wheel kit the other day and it's a tad over $600 for the rear outers and 2 sets of the smaller track wheels. I thought of eliminating the rear outers but don't sidehill enough to worry about that at this point. I was looking at it purely from an esthetics point of view. Thanks for the info...I'll check out the OFT site.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Spent a day on the MCX 180 kit.......rode it over turbo without a track on 2' of fresh. Pulled great and was a totall blast in the trees. I can see myself on one of those as a daily rider. Loved it.
As far as the wheels....your choice.
Happy boosting
RS

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MCX180 kit is a good one! Rode one for the past 3 days on a 2010 MTX SE, and it took me where i wanted to go, and was awesome in the trees. It's a nice touch for a smaller price tag when looking in the turbo market. I would recommend MCXpress as they are more known and have a good track record. As for turbo lag, it wasn't bad. i thought this kit on that sled was very very smooth. I must say the boost is very addictive!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 180 kits have been popular this year for sure, they are a little more affordable than the higher boost kits, as well as being easier(cheaper) to get installed. 180 kits are just under $4500. You will also need clutching and a gauge. Install is extra. Rode a 180 kit a little and was impressed.....but I still love my 270 kit, boost is very addictive :d

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE one of these 180 kits........
damn......what do i have to sell to get one...hmmm.....hahahah!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All sorts of wheel kits available. It's just about endless. Just have to do some diggin on the interweb.
As far as T-bo's go, that is one mod that will cost some bucks. But if you enjoy riding your Nytro now, install a Turbo. The fun factor with increase 10 fold and will the check your drawers factor. Much better rideability. You won't regret it for second..Good Luck!!

Top Bottom