rx 1 oil change

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a rx1 talked to the yami dealer he said only oil to put in it is yamalube 0-30 ofcourse thats what he would say what does everyone else use ?0-40 amsoil i use it in my quads he said my motor would blow up

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my Nytro with over 10k i have always ran the yamalube 0-30 this year i switched to the yamalube full syn oil for my sled. i have never had any issues. its not expensive and i dono i just like running the reccomended stuff in my sled. the Yamaha Oil is really good. all i have ever run in My dirt bikes, Quads, generators and sleds. cant go wrong wiht it.

on a side note. i wouldnt run ams oil in my lawnmower. blew a motor on a bike running ams oil. ( that just an oppinion im not starting a war here on not likeing ams oil)

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the full syn yamalube. Thats what is recommended and the cost is not a biggy for the amount used. I'm sure other oils are compatible but why try & find out!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castrol Syntec for mine, it's full syn and meets the quality spec. for the Apex. I don't think it matters all that much as long as it meets the quality spec.

5000kms and runs like new. Not that 5000kms is much for these motors, I could probably run used motor oil out of my truck and still get 5000kms. If it craps out at 30,000kms then I'll blame the oil!

Last edited:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought amsoil was the best the web site says 0-40 is good for sleds .this is the first bad thing i have heard about amsoil.any reason why they would say it could bad for the motor?

Top Bottom