changing gears

dirk660

Reaction score
i have an 08 nytro mtx and i read that some guys changed out the top gear in the chain case to a 19 tooth. how much difference did this make on the bottom end? how much top end did you lose? sounds like it is a cheap and effective mod.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as actual numbers on top & bottom end speed.....I can't say, but it's important if you're going to long track it. I did it on mine, as well as clutching & other little ideas I had. It ripped !!!. But then I went back to the 20 tooth on top after we did the turbo.
My :twocents:

RN

dirk660

Reaction score
why did you change it back? i just have the stock 153 track, was just interested on what difference it made.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the CE 162 x 2.5 track with my new tunnel before I turbo'd it. I wanted to have a little lower gearing with the stock motor.... but now with the turbo, I can turn the bigger track no problem with the original gearing. You'll find out from most guys riding any brand, that they have done gearing from time to time on any sled. Mostly the Doo's ove rthe past 3 or 4 seasons needed to clutch & gear their stock lsed to get more performance out of them. I just think of it as a vehicle......how easy is it to start out in 2nd or 3rd gear from a stand still? just gear it down a little to help on the bottom end & you'll notice the gains imediately. Especially guys who have changed to longer tracks !!!
My :twocents:

good luck:beer:

RN

Top Bottom