2009-10 Avy Training, Alberta, BC, Sask - Zac's Tracs

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Whew! :Happy6: Finally settled on a schedule. Cross my fingers and hope it works.

Take a peek.

Zac's Tracs Avalanche Training
The website isn't quite complete for the season, but pretty close. If you find any glitches...please let me know!

We've been fortunate that many dealers and clubs are helping us to arrange programs for quite a number of communities through Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.

Keep in touch, SOME OF THESE SESSIONS MAY BE FREE as we are still arranging some dealer promotions in a few communities.

=================
A new evening session that we are very excited about is scheduled for mid-November in Calgary and Edmonton.

"Moving Forward from 2008-09"

Zac's Tracs and the Alberta Snowmobile Association have invited a Canadian Avalanche Centre forecaster to shed some light on the weather, snowpack, terrain and human factors that clashed to create our worst season for snowmobile avalanche fatalities ever.

This session will run for 2 hours and include time for open discussion. We encourage you to drag your buddies along and bring photos, questions, and experiences from last season as we work together to draw out the learning from the past and apply it forward.

Although not yet finalized...we are hoping to make this into a casual gathering including bar service. :beer: :beer: :) Something to loosen up everyone's tongues and get everyone talking. (I know that this isn't a problem for me...or for some of you on this forum! If you talk as much as you type we should be ok!) ;)

As details are confirmed they will be updated to these webpages:

=============================

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
401.jpg

Color coded schedule!
There are more field sessions than what is listed here. Check out the website for details.

The Rescue Workshop is filling fast at Martin Equipment - this class is FREE as everyone that registers will receive a $50 gift card to use in the store.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the Nov 14 CAC/Zacs event still going on at the Round up center?

Just booking in the calender right now and wanted to confirm.

Thanks.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
401.jpg

Color coded schedule!
There are more field sessions than what is listed here. Check out the website for details.

The Rescue Workshop is filling fast at Martin Equipment - this class is FREE as everyone that registers will receive a $50 gift card to use in the store.

That's a busy year for you Lori, hope you get a chance for a few sledding trips.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
That's a busy year for you Lori, hope you get a chance for a few sledding trips.

Ha, yep it looks big...but we'll just wait and see how proactive the sledders of the prairies are this season. Last season we had to cancel many of these fall sessions due to lack of interest.

Interest only got strong last year following the highly publicized accidents.

I usually create a schedule and then hold my breath to see how it turns out. You guys surprise me each year with which classes stick and which ones cancel! ;)
And you guys think that women are hard to predict! :p

Randy will make sure that we (oh, maybe just he will) get some riding in somewhere....isn't that what February and March are for? Sunshine and deep snowpacks!

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Hi Laurie,

I should do this on an e-mail instead of a public forum, but there is probably a few birds with one stone this way.

On the AST2 for GP in February - Classes = Feb 3, 4 & 10
For Field @ Kakwa is it 1 day or all 3 days = Feb 6, 7 & 8??????????

Thanks

Thanks for posting this question here.

Yes, 3 evenings and 3 full field days.

Our vision for the AST2 in Grande Prairie is this: all AST2 students will participate in the AST 1 class and Saturday field session. This is the standard way to ensure that everyone is guaranteed to really understand the basics.
Without this solid foundation the rest of the AST 2 is meaningless.
The AST 2 students will then complete 2 field sessions on Sunday and Monday. The AST 2 is about gathering quality data and interpreting and making route finding decisions appropriate for the conditions, the group, and the terrain.

The program will wrap up with an evening back in town on Feb 10. I'm sure there will be a couple of drinks to celebrate as well! ;)

Yep, it sounds like a ton, but there is a 40 hr minimum to receive a certificate for this course and I think that the Kakwa is a perfect place to run an AST 2....an awesome variety of terrain and snow conditions all from the same staging area.

This course will be available for 10-14 people. I do need commitment from 10 people by the end of November in order that I can hire the instructors necessary. I haven't posted this yet but perhaps a $200 non-refundable deposit will be required by the end of November with the remainder required by January 10th.

Feedback is welcome.

Top Bottom