Deaths Trigger Calls To Regulate Sleders

bcskier

Reaction score
Came upon this blog on Fernie.com, figured you all would be interested:

mcridge

Reaction score
I read about this a while ago. A bit of a different article.
It stated that Weigle was also concerned about the new snowmobiles having the ability to access his heli ski terrain.
Well i'm sorry Mike but all your heli ski terrain is actually a heli ski tenure, and by law says that you have no ownership over it. It's open for all to use.

Does he actually have a concern for snowmobile safety? Or is there something else to this.

98sumitt

Reaction score
I read about this a while ago. A bit of a different article.
It stated that Weigle was also concerned about the new snowmobiles having the ability to access his heli ski terrain.
Well i'm sorry Mike but all your heli ski terrain is actually a heli ski tenure, and by law says that you have no ownership over it. It's open for all to use.

Does he actually have a concern for snowmobile safety? Or is there something else to this.
Looks like he needs an attitude adjustment.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to any local in Blue River -sledder or not-about Mike Weigle and you will find out exactly what he is about-Himself.............

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And all the avys last year had nothing to do with the poor snow pack in the early season? The thing with heli skiing is they only ride certain slopes and areas and they will do some avy control if the conditions dictate. We ride in pure backcountry were there is no control.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the thing about heli's....must be nice to move over a couple mountain ranges (in a matter of 2 minutes) to ride different terrain if the avy risk is higher in one area than another.

Who really cares though about what he says? Everyone knows what this guy is all about anyway. We'll see how his business fairs after this year of economic recession without a huge influx of tourists forking over clouds of $$$$ to fly around in his choppers, scaring the mountain caribou.

Hopefully he can keep his nose out of everyone else's business and stop focusing on his profits off land that belongs to the people, not him. A single set of tracks on one slope does not mean its "skied out".

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL.......wow, is he full of himself & his poor operators having to shut down what they're doing to help save a life or two. He probably wouldn't stop on the side of the road in his Beemer to help someone in need either!!!:mad:
Next we'll have to "curb" our horsepower because we're going too high on the hills!!!:eek: He can do like the birds & flock off!!!:d
Do all his skiers have parachutes on for each trip up? If he crashes, does another chopper have to drop what they're doing to come help him? How can he justify that? Where do the "international" groups stay while they ski with him??? Probably not in town!! they really don't help the community much!!! Sorry, just my :twocents:

RN

Revhead

Reaction score
This is same bs argument several cat-ski operators are back door lobbying heavily in the Kootenays. This is nothing more than privatizing our back country by business for profit, not safety of fellow back country enthusiasts. What a dick Mike Wiegele is, not too bright to broadcast his own hypocracy like that.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this guy for real? wish I had his email to post a link to this thread. well to show him how much he is pissing everyone off. he needs a talking to!:nono:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, he's seems like he's all about promoting safety and the image of the province. Stranding some of his own skiers to rescue snowmobilers... that sounds pretty smart. If you offer your services to SAR then you can't complain when your needed for any outdoor group otherwise take care of the people that are paying you money for your services. The international image must directly affect his business so it becomes all about the money.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
There was a Death at Mike Weigele's last Year....

A Man on a Guided Ski Tour fell into a Tree Hole and Died....

I think that is # 13 or 14 for His Business alone....

I seen that someone from His establishment started a Fire using TIRES Humm.....

Nice BLACK SMOKE in Town here a few Days ago....

Top Bottom