2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

mobgma

Reaction score
Extremely reliable source. Take from it what you will.

Two Tracks. Split Down the middle for better side hilling/ boon docking.

All new chassis design as well.

You heard it here first folks.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see where this thread ends up....

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extremely reliable source. Take from it what you will.

Two Tracks. Split Down the middle for better side hilling/ boon docking.

All new chassis design as well.

You heard it here first folks.

Let me put in my prediction. No change to the chassis at all but maybe a new power plant option added. WAY too soon to abandon a chassis that keeps getting better and lighter. If they drop in a motor that puts out a true 160hp in this amazing chassis it will be perfection.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me put in my prediction. No change to the chassis at all but maybe a new power plant option added. WAY too soon to abandon a chassis that keeps getting better and lighter. If they drop in a motor that puts out a true 160hp in this amazing chassis it will be perfection.

cs5 this is not a prediction but infact the truth. Next season pro's are going to be on par powerwise to the other two brands. One can only assume what will happen from there. This is the reason i kept my 2012 I cannot wait.

mobgma

Reaction score
This is what I heard from a reliable source but I cant say for certain thats that is exactly what is going to happen. It obviously sounds very farfetched but I would like to think my resource is somewhat credible. I thought I would share what I have heard for discussion on these forums.

I guess we can make this a prediction thread or a things you'd like to see in the 2014 machine. :)

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds so sick
inovation that dose not stop with good enough
so would it have a belt drive on both sides of the jack shaft
lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you go, wrecking a good thread again.
Just can't stand it when there isn't any controversy?

Maybe it will get the teeter totter suspension as compensation for when Doo starts glueing their sleds together. When they Doo it, it will be the greatest thing ever!!! LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey what the heck it could happen. When I first heard rumors of the T motion I didn't think it could be possible. Maybe Polaris is gonna set a new bar?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey what the heck it could happen. When I first heard rumors of the T motion I didn't think it could be possible. Maybe Polaris is gonna set a new bar?

How much weight would a second track add to a sled? I'm guessing it would be like 2 snowbike skids under there to keep overall width down, but personally want nothing to do with it. I do agree that this is the year Polaris may put out a more powerful engine under the hood. If that is the case, I'll be waiting another year before trading in my 12.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much weight would a second track add to a sled? I'm guessing it would be like 2 snowbike skids under there to keep overall width down, but personally want nothing to do with it. I do agree that this is the year Polaris may put out a more powerful engine under the hood. If that is the case, I'll be waiting another year before trading in my 12.

i'm guessing to 8 inch tracks that tilt to the outside? I have no idea how they could do that. My bet is more hp in the Pro chassis we see now.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm guessing to 8 inch tracks that tilt to the outside? I have no idea how they could do that. My bet is more hp in the Pro chassis we see now.

More HP and a decent track, at least a 2.5

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you go, wrecking a good thread again.
Just can't stand it when there isn't any controversy?

This is the Polaris forum right? Do you ride a Polaris? The vast majority of controversy on this brand specific forum starts and ends with all you Doo riders feeling the need to voice your opinion. Why can't you guys just continue to keep stroking each other d$cks on your own brand specific forum! I would imagine most Polaris riders could see the humor in my post, sorry if it offended you.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would they have to tilt out? They could just have independent suspension, that should work. They could share the same drive shaft, and have the rest of each skid pivot as they do now. Trail riding would be an absolute nightmare up to the mountain, but it would sidehill well. Totally agree that more hp is very likely for next year, and a stock 2.5 track would be awesome.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would they have to tilt out? They could just have independent suspension, that should work. They could share the same drive shaft, and have the rest of each skid pivot as they do now. Trail riding would be an absolute nightmare up to the mountain, but it would sidehill well. Totally agree that more hp is very likely for next year, and a stock 2.5 track would be awesome.

I just have a hard time with a drive axle moving. It would have to work something like you are thinking Wilk.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the Polaris forum right? Do you ride a Polaris? The vast majority of controversy on this brand specific forum starts and ends with all you "doofuses" feeling the need to voice your opinion where it's not wanted. Why can't you guys just continue to keep stroking each other dicks on your own brand specific forum! I would imagine most Polaris riders could see the humor in my post, sorry if it offended you.

You must be a poo rider getting all hot and bothered, it's the poo that gets you in rage something about it. Us do guys are just floating on cloads when we ride..............But more then welcome to head over to the doo specific forum and chat.......Good luck in the class................lol

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah I take some issue with the response to my post, making a joke and Cuso has to be ignorant, what exactly am I wrecking? And another attemt at an ignorant post from a Doo rider, even though it makes no sense, no surprise I guess.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh Mach123,

He is just a one track mind person that probably only rides with his own brand.
It's kinda immature and shallow to see people like this...Name calling and all...(doofuses):rolleyes: LOL

Trench, unfortunately has an inferiority complex, and this is a way he can deal with it. Too bad he insists that this subject can only be discussed by polaris riders.

Anyways..

I think 2 tracks would not be a good idea, just because you would need basically 2 sets of everything, thus meaning more weight.

I would bet that the suspension could be made that both rails are independent, like each rail in the back has it's own suspension, and not fixed together with just a pivot.

Independant, but with a torsion bar or coupling device so that the other side still reacts and helps out with larger bumps.

You must be a poo rider getting all hot and bothered, it's the poo that gets you in rage something about it. Us do guys are just floating on cloads when we ride..............But more then welcome to head over to the doo specific forum and chat.......Good luck in the class................lol

Top Bottom