2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the only time I spend any real time with my track flat on the snow is on the trail up and down. I'm not sure how sidehilling makes for a boring day. For me, some of the best riding is done in the trees, and you can't ride the trees if your track is flat on the snow. It's more about how easy the sled is to get on it's edge, not just sidehilling.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are KTM and Polaris still affiliated? I think most Polaris fans would agree that the only downfall of the Pro is the under performing engine (maybe exploding drive shafts too). How often do you ride in the mountains with the track flat on the ground? Seems your always on one side or the other, so side hilling is very important to a mountain sleds capabilities.

Last edited:

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just took a look around and, yah Polaris did drop the outlaw's for 2012, which used the KTM motor so maybe there done with the partnership. That sucks.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335142858.868830.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335142858.868830.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 318

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is a damn good looking shop. But what is with that Bud light?
I've been wondering, why do we have a 2014 prediction thread already? I haven't even had a chance to get out in the 2013 season....damn work.

The shop owner's favorite :beer: is bud light, and seeing how I was a guest. I thought I'd help keep the fridge stocked :drink4:
As far as the 2014 question....... We need more snow :rolling:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just took a look around and, yah Polaris did drop the outlaw's for 2012, which used the KTM motor so maybe there done with the partnership. That sucks.

Yah it's to bad that partnership ended, got to wonder why Polaris has not come up with a more dominant engine package yet, hopefully it's coming soon.

Loudpipe

Reaction score
I don't spend my day looking for stuff to sidehill on just to see how easy it is for my sled, I'm mainly annoyed with the factorys marketing, Chris Burandt annoys the hell out of me for one, and for two, I could care less how "flickable" my sled is, I'm 6'3" and 250 pounds so I can flick any Damn thing I want lol. I do enjoy riding trees and super technical terrain, I always have, but when I'm actually out riding the last thing I care about is how easy it is to get my sled on its side.

Top Bottom