LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

Discuss 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds in the POLARIS CHAT forums; Hey what the heck it could happen. When I first heard rumors of the T motion I didn't think it ...


  1. #11
    Senior Member
    snopro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milo,Alberta
    Posts
    26,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Hey what the heck it could happen. When I first heard rumors of the T motion I didn't think it could be possible. Maybe Polaris is gonna set a new bar?
    Stop by for an ice cold Doolaide!
    2010 Shelby
    2014 Summit X 163 going
    2015 Summit X T3 174 coming
    Rider Shareholder/Owner
    Former SkiDoo MTC Member



  2. #12
    Member Wilk INStheWEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by snopro View Post
    Hey what the heck it could happen. When I first heard rumors of the T motion I didn't think it could be possible. Maybe Polaris is gonna set a new bar?
    How much weight would a second track add to a sled? I'm guessing it would be like 2 snowbike skids under there to keep overall width down, but personally want nothing to do with it. I do agree that this is the year Polaris may put out a more powerful engine under the hood. If that is the case, I'll be waiting another year before trading in my 12.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    snopro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milo,Alberta
    Posts
    26,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilk INStheWEST View Post
    How much weight would a second track add to a sled? I'm guessing it would be like 2 snowbike skids under there to keep overall width down, but personally want nothing to do with it. I do agree that this is the year Polaris may put out a more powerful engine under the hood. If that is the case, I'll be waiting another year before trading in my 12.

    i'm guessing to 8 inch tracks that tilt to the outside? I have no idea how they could do that. My bet is more hp in the Pro chassis we see now.
    Stop by for an ice cold Doolaide!
    2010 Shelby
    2014 Summit X 163 going
    2015 Summit X T3 174 coming
    Rider Shareholder/Owner
    Former SkiDoo MTC Member

  4. #14
    Member
    sweld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Redwater
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by snopro View Post
    i'm guessing to 8 inch tracks that tilt to the outside? I have no idea how they could do that. My bet is more hp in the Pro chassis we see now.
    More HP and a decent track, at least a 2.5
    09 m8
    04 kodiak
    06 grizzly 80
    2010 kawi teryx
    2010 yami ttr 125
    2014 xm on the way

  5. #15
    Member trench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sturgeon County, Alberta
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by CUSO View Post
    There you go, wrecking a good thread again.
    Just can't stand it when there isn't any controversy?

    This is the Polaris forum right? Do you ride a Polaris? The vast majority of controversy on this brand specific forum starts and ends with all you Doo riders feeling the need to voice your opinion. Why can't you guys just continue to keep stroking each other d$cks on your own brand specific forum! I would imagine most Polaris riders could see the humor in my post, sorry if it offended you.
    Last edited by trench; November 24th, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
    2007 RMK 600 144"
    2011 RMK 800 155"

  6. #16
    Member Wilk INStheWEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by snopro View Post
    i'm guessing to 8 inch tracks that tilt to the outside? I have no idea how they could do that. My bet is more hp in the Pro chassis we see now.
    Would they have to tilt out? They could just have independent suspension, that should work. They could share the same drive shaft, and have the rest of each skid pivot as they do now. Trail riding would be an absolute nightmare up to the mountain, but it would sidehill well. Totally agree that more hp is very likely for next year, and a stock 2.5 track would be awesome.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    snopro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milo,Alberta
    Posts
    26,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilk INStheWEST View Post
    Would they have to tilt out? They could just have independent suspension, that should work. They could share the same drive shaft, and have the rest of each skid pivot as they do now. Trail riding would be an absolute nightmare up to the mountain, but it would sidehill well. Totally agree that more hp is very likely for next year, and a stock 2.5 track would be awesome.
    I just have a hard time with a drive axle moving. It would have to work something like you are thinking Wilk.
    Stop by for an ice cold Doolaide!
    2010 Shelby
    2014 Summit X 163 going
    2015 Summit X T3 174 coming
    Rider Shareholder/Owner
    Former SkiDoo MTC Member

  8. #18
    Member
    mach123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Albert
    Posts
    2,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Quote Originally Posted by trench View Post
    This is the Polaris forum right? Do you ride a Polaris? The vast majority of controversy on this brand specific forum starts and ends with all you "doofuses" feeling the need to voice your opinion where it's not wanted. Why can't you guys just continue to keep stroking each other dicks on your own brand specific forum! I would imagine most Polaris riders could see the humor in my post, sorry if it offended you.
    You must be a poo rider getting all hot and bothered, it's the poo that gets you in rage something about it. Us do guys are just floating on cloads when we ride..............But more then welcome to head over to the doo specific forum and chat.......Good luck in the class................lol



  9. #19
    Member trench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sturgeon County, Alberta
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Yah I take some issue with the response to my post, making a joke and Cuso has to be ignorant, what exactly am I wrecking? And another attemt at an ignorant post from a Doo rider, even though it makes no sense, no surprise I guess.
    Last edited by trench; November 24th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
    2007 RMK 600 144"
    2011 RMK 800 155"

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    CUSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    3,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 2014 Polaris Mountain Sleds

    Ahh Mach123,

    He is just a one track mind person that probably only rides with his own brand.
    It's kinda immature and shallow to see people like this...Name calling and all...(doofuses) LOL

    Trench, unfortunately has an inferiority complex, and this is a way he can deal with it. Too bad he insists that this subject can only be discussed by polaris riders.

    Anyways..

    I think 2 tracks would not be a good idea, just because you would need basically 2 sets of everything, thus meaning more weight.

    I would bet that the suspension could be made that both rails are independent, like each rail in the back has it's own suspension, and not fixed together with just a pivot.

    Independant, but with a torsion bar or coupling device so that the other side still reacts and helps out with larger bumps.





    Quote Originally Posted by mach123 View Post
    You must be a poo rider getting all hot and bothered, it's the poo that gets you in rage something about it. Us do guys are just floating on cloads when we ride..............But more then welcome to head over to the doo specific forum and chat.......Good luck in the class................lol
    www.avalanche.ca
    www.zacstracs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO