2009 Dragon issues. LIMP MODE!

DunmoreCowboy

Reaction score
I bought a 2009 Dragon 800 early this season and was unaware of all the problems they have. My issue is that it goes into limp mode at approx. 6400 RPM. This seems to only happen when I am in the mountains. Where I ride it's about 8200 ft and at home it's about 3100 ft and the sled holds its own and will tach at 8100 RPM. I have put the updated voltage regulator in and it came with the engine update done along with the SLP kit and power commander V. It has been to the shop twice, the first time the max det. code came up and thats when I got the voltage regulator replaced and no luck there. The second time they replaced the temp. sending wire and said it was good to go. I can't afford to pay them to not fix the problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similiar issue and went through all the steps you did, including a Fix kit for my '10 Dragon. The final step was to use Shell 91 gas and make sure you have the right clutch weights for the altitude. No more bogging for my Dragon or my RMK 600. The good news is once you work out the bugs, it is an great machine to ride anywhere.

DunmoreCowboy

Reaction score
My buddies and I always fill up at the same place, usually the same pump and they don't have any issue. I tried dumping some octane boost in there, but no luck. I have read to try a few gallons of race fuel to each tank, so I guess I'll give that a try. I'm going to check the weight situation now. Thanks.

Top Bottom