LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts

2002 800 rmk - high RPM bog/distortion

Discuss 2002 800 rmk - high RPM bog/distortion in the POLARIS CHAT forums; Hi guys, my 2002 800 rmk has a terrible bog/distortion at high RPM (7000-7400) when you crack it open. If ...

Post Thanks / Like

2002 800 rmk - high RPM bog/distortion

Hi guys, my 2002 800 rmk has a terrible bog/distortion at high RPM (7000-7400) when you crack it open. If I play with the throttle I can get it to pull at 8000 but it just doesn't seem to be pulling as hard as it should.

VES bellows/stainless valves are clean and OK. I have never changed the primary and team secondary springs (only bought it this fall), so not sure if that would be a good place to start? Compression at 143/147 and new plugs. I rejetted from 540 mains to 500's...needle on #4. Primary has 64gram weights. New bottom end w/wide bearing, line bore and primary clutch balance done 100 miles ago.

My elevation is 1800' and being in the prairies I run a wide range of temperatures! If springs are where I should be looking what colors are recommended for a good setup? Also, the premium light doesn't seem to work, but flashes at idle regardless of key position till revved up then completely out??

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm lost on where to start!!
    Last edited by pmike; January 13th, 2014 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2002 800 rmk - high RPM bog/distortion

if you go on the polaris web site and sign in. it will tell you proper jetting chart for your sled and all the specs for it.start there and compare notes.

Post Thanks / Like

The trophy wife: 72 Corvette
    The rocket: 08 CBR1000RR
    The dirty girl: 11 CRF450X
    The dog sled: 14 Pro RMK 800 163
    The mule: 11 GMC Sierra

Leave?! They just announced happy hour! How can I leave when I'm saving money like this?!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! I borrowed a timing light from the father-in-law tonight and the timing shows to be 26 (i assume this is degrees BTDC) when revving at 4000 rpm with TPS sensor unplugged...The Polaris specs show it should be at 29.5...could this be causing problems? I put the stator position back to exactly where it was originally, but am prepared to tear it apart to correct it if I have to...
    Last edited by pmike; January 15th, 2014 at 09:29 PM.