Wood box liner cut plans- f350

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wood box liner cut plans- f350

I'm looking for cutting plans sizes chamfers etc for my truck. Like a blueprint mapping of all the pieces. MY box is getting a bit bent up from the seld deck, so I wanna stronger liner than the plastic one.
Hard to find on google and I'm not spending $350 on three sheets of stained plywood.

Thanks

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get why people do this... Wood holds moisture against the box which will later cause rust, rot under the boards, etc. looks like azz pretty quick too. Why not spend the extra $500 on your $40000+ truck?

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the HACK Rucky. Thanks for considering that I'm asking for cut plans so I can build my own using silicone on all the seams and bolt holes with the marine grade 3/4" inch.
I know you think you know whats best for me, but I don't drive a 3/4 ton. My business isn't your business there buddy. Thanks but if I wanted to know the differences between wood and rubber, I would've titled it: "Mommy, what's the differences between a wood box liners and a spray in rubber box liner" haha.

Last edited:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get why people do this... Wood holds moisture against the box which will later cause rust, rot under the boards, etc. looks like azz pretty quick too. Why not spend the extra $500 on your $40000+ truck?Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk
You can't give me a spray in! They look nice for you mall goers! But I'll drop a 6"FP sour service ball valve on my wooden box any day of the week, and never hurt a thing. You can't do that with a spray in. I've had both! In red deer for my 08 dodge was$250.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wood box liners sure aren't the nicest for appearance, but they take a way more of a beating than any box liner will no matter what anyone try's to say. Even spending $350 on material to have some waste, will still be cheaper than a spray in. (obviously you know)
Good luck on finding plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't give me a spray in! They look nice for you mall goers! But I'll drop a 6"FP sour service ball valve on my wooden box any day of the week, and never hurt a thing. You can't do that with a spray in. I've had both! In red deer for my 08 dodge was$250.
My dad use to always use wood went line x last one, in 4 years it looked as good as new. Everything from dirt, gravel, tools, anything in the box. Besides for protecting against major dents a spray in is miles better. The box was used a lot, even the wood ones after 4 years were usually in really rough shape on the surface. I have never had a spray in damaged besides for carbides, but any truck i buy with a wood always looks like garbage and usually rusting the box out. I don't drop 50lbs or whatever in my box so a spray in is plenty good enough.....I treat my trucks with respect so I guess I'll never need a wood one.

Last edited:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a spray in with a 4x8 3/4" plywood on the floor, best of both worlds, can handle the weight with out denting the box and just pull it out to wash the box

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a spray in with a 4x8 3/4" plywood on the floor, best of both worlds, can handle the weight with out denting the box and just pull it out to wash the box

Kinda what I was thinking too....:)

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you were thinking! Listen to the guys who know, after 3 or 4 years of carbides and whatnot, wood may not look pretty anymore in the grocery store parking lot.
BTW, the wood boxliners that I had in my work trucks for 12 years were outstanding.

Oh, and I'm no help to answer your question about cut angles etc, got em at Raven with custom built false floors for surveying.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Amen. A spray in is just that, sprayed on. I bet if you pulled off that wood liner, your box would still be mint. I guess Rucky never had no swamper that just worked an 18 getting a rig going drop any parts in his truck yet eh. haha.

$250 sounds good. Give me a contact for that shop in red deer, I'm driving through the next couple days....
Thanks.

And Hey LID, we hitting it this year or what? I'm ripping Fernie area march 4-5. And then back from shift to tear march 20-21-22- I planned on merging some couches in golden...

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amen. A spray in is just that, sprayed on. I bet if you pulled off that wood liner, your box would still be mint. I guess Rucky never had no swamper that just worked an 18 getting a rig going drop any parts in his truck yet eh. haha.

$250 sounds good. Give me a contact for that shop in red deer, I'm driving through the next couple days....
Thanks.

And Hey LID, we hitting it this year or what? I'm ripping Fernie area march 4-5. And then back from shift to tear march 20-21-22- I planned on merging some couches in golden...

I have pulled a few off, never any dents but always plenty of rust, usually just surface but if left for like 10 years wouldn't be pretty.

A spray in with a sheet on top is the best of both worlds for sure. As a big PIA with wood is you usually loose your tie down points, or they become extremely hard to get at. Plus if you have 3/4" on front and tailgate, you can no longer haul 8' material with the box closed on a longbox. I always hated that, know plenty of people who tore it off the tailgate because of it.

Nope no ones even dropped anything of weight into my truck, or even go over the side twice. Getting yelled at once fixes it. Because I make it clear, you damage my truck, I will damage you (obviously accidents can happen, but on purpose I wouldn't have any issue doing it).

Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think I'm back for 4 days starting the 4th. My truck will still be up north though. Would like to head out to the spot to do some skiing if I can piggy-back some sleds, the 2-spot is in my front yard. The missus will be on tour as well. April 1st (or so) it's on for a few weeks though, hope it doesn't rain.

I think my odour is finally starting to Febreeze out of Golden area couches. Time for a refill.

Need to make a convoy up here, Haines summit looks rediculous, and Easter weekend at the summit is like that other trip times 50 up there. Park your RV on the highway pullout, in the ALPINE, rip, drink, rinse, repeat.

Wish i still had that survey truck with the sweet wood box liner.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't put a sled deck in a truck with spray in liner or plastic liner and bolt it down. Deck will bust box all to rat ch!t. You need ply wood under deck to support the weight. Have seen lots of them after a year without plywood floor at least, and not good.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't put a sled deck in a truck with spray in liner or plastic liner and bolt it down. Deck will bust box all to rat ch!t. You need ply wood under deck to support the weight. Have seen lots of them after a year without plywood floor at least, and not good.

Very true!!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get why people do this... Wood holds moisture against the box which will later cause rust, rot under the boards, etc. looks like azz pretty quick too. Why not spend the extra $500 on your $40000+ truck?

Thanks for the HACK Rucky. Thanks for considering that I'm asking for cut plans so I can build my own using silicone on all the seams and bolt holes with the marine grade 3/4" inch.
I know you think you know whats best for me, but I don't drive a 3/4 ton. My business isn't your business there buddy. Thanks but if I wanted to know the differences between wood and rubber, I would've titled it: "Mommy, what's the differences between a wood box liners and a spray in rubber box liner" haha.

Thank you for answering my simple and honest question/statement with one of the most immature replies I have seen here to date. And with regards to my favorite statement, seen above in bold letters, if your business isn't my business, why post on a public forum? At no point did I say I know what's best for you, it was just something I never understood. Good luck with your DIY adventure.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I hurt your feelings there Rucky, I thought it was quite witty. I re-read my original post and double checked that it was clear in stating that I was simply seeking cut plans. If you want clarification on stuff you don't understand, simply start up your own post. It's a free country remember, you're free to mind your own business...

For the rest of you guys, thanks for the back-up.
Bought a new drop in box liner, 3/4" thick, picked it up un-assembled, uninstalled. $250 in Edmonton. Got a busy week of fabbing ahead of me getting my deck ready, it's gotta get modded to fit over top my slip tank. I'll try get pics up.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wheelbarrow still outruns yours, therefore my feelings are unhurt.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack guys but has anyone had any experience with the Bedrug boxliners? I'm thinking about one for my truck and would like to get some feedback. Thanks

Top Bottom