Wings over Whitecourt Airshow

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an airshow at The Whitecourt Airport on Sat Aug 16.
snowbirds and the whole shooting match. I don't have anything to do with it but it was organized on fairly short notice for an event like this so I thought I'd let people know about it.
Starts at 10:00AM. I can't find a web site for it but If anyone has questions, I'll try to find out about it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If its anything blike the Wetaskiwin show today I would recommend it,Especially if that 23 year old Brent Marshall is flying there,That kid is nothing less than friggin nuts!What a show he put on!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its anything blike the Wetaskiwin show today I would recommend it,Especially if that 23 year old Brent Marshall is flying there,That kid is nothing less than friggin nuts!What a show he put on!
catmando!
I think it's probably most of the same stuff, most of them travel the same show circuit.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. I havn't been to an airshow in years. I used to own a Piper PA-12 Supercruiser. Me and the misses would fly to airshows all the time.

airshow

Reaction score
The Whitecourt Airshow has ... 2x CF-18 (they were accidentally booked for Whitecourt instead of Wetaskewin) the Snowbirds, Pete Mcleod, a Harvard, a Mitchell Bomber, a bunch of helicopters, Whitecourt Wheels car club show, and water bomber demos.
The CF-18 are the best part. 32000lbs of thrust! Awesome!:eek:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frickin F-18 just flew over my house, scared the crap out of me! Anyone coming out for the show?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frickin F-18 just flew over my house, scared the crap out of me! Anyone coming out for the show?
Your gonna need alot of Wood Filler with the damage those Fly Byes cause......On the upside the gift shop will be very busy:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

I just got in from golfing in the Wct. Oilmens and the f-18's were buzzing us all morning. WOW I think those pilots might have something on us sledders :eek:
It really looks like a blast up there doing straight up pulls then diving to the ground at 700 mph.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was an awesome are show man....................the Whitecourt/Woodlands Flying Club did a stupendous(is that a word?) job in setting this up in just 3 months and it went off very well.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was an awesome are show man....................the Whitecourt/Woodlands Flying Club did a stupendous(is that a word?) job in setting this up in just 3 months and it went off very well.
I'd have to agree, I got no pics though.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
...Was in town yesterday getting tires.... Watched some flying while waiting.... Better than standing in tire shop giving everyone chit !

Top Bottom