07 grizz 700 stalling out

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has heard of this happening?
While in high or low range it will bog whenever its under load and when it does the reverse light comes on at the same time. Let go of the throttle and its fine. Drowned it bad last year and had the throttle positioning sensor replaced cause it wouldn't start, but this is new and does it sporadically

Camell

Reaction score
Does it stall out or just bog? Does the reverse light flash or stay on?

Camell

Reaction score
There is 2 things you can check, one, the reverse sensor on top of the engine. It is a spark plug looking thing that senses the speed. It has a bullet connector on it and it will pull straight up. It has a green and white stiped wire going to it( has a black protector sleeve over it ). Try cleaning the connection in the plug and the sensor it self. Take your left and right pannels off, pull the plug off from the left side( when your sitting on it) and push it the right side( the wire isnt long enough to go to the left side and the right side you cant get your hands in there without taking your belt exhaust off), and clean it out and check for damages. This is probably the thing causing it, and the sensor might even need to be replaced or by-passed( which i did, doing this gives you full power in reverse without the rev limiter comming on, but not for inexperienced riders, as flipping it is really easy).

Another thing that might be causing it to stall is the gas tank pressure but this wouldnt cause the reverse light to come on, only the reverse semsor would.. Check the one way valve on the vent line, lot of people are just taking this off and pulling on a in-line fuel filter, this stops the tank pressure(boiling as some people call it) The pressure in the tank can cause it to stall out too

Camell

Reaction score
You can also try checking grizzlycentral.com or nyroc.com for tips. These 2 sites have lots of info on pretty much everything. These 2 sites i have learned a great deal about our quads

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Turns out that the reverse sensor was the problem. Broke down and hauled it to Edson for the dealership there to look at. Wish I would have checked back to this post sooner or could have saved myself a bunch of labour charges. Thanks any ways. Atleast i will be ready for the robb poker rally

Top Bottom