Newbee to snowmobile and need some info on mods???

deman686

Reaction score
Hello all Just picked up a 2007 ski-doo 800 xrs 159. Need to no what is a good can to put on? I want it loud!! And how often do you change the crank case oil? And where is the drain on the crank case for the oil? And what r some good mods to do?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all Just picked up a 2007 ski-doo 800 xrs 159. Need to no what is a good can to put on? I want it loud!! And how often do you change the crank case oil? And where is the drain on the crank case for the oil? And what r some good mods to do?

If you open up your right side of your sled, you will see the oil fill there. Check the oil level after every ride.
For a can, go with the thing.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800r is 2 stroke so no crankcase oil make sure all the up dates are done the 07 was the first Year for that motor it hAd a few problems

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP can is probably the loudest.

for some cheap mods you can go with:
side pannel vents
pro taper handle bars
sled wrap kit
billet wheels
fuel caddy
storage bags.
etc

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...so why the hell are my posts repeating the last word I print sometimes...as in previous post?

Wait...just figured it out...there's an echo in here...

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get the boys at the sled shed to get you some some machined out power valves

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much good info but no one has answered his questions yet... I feel bad about the drilling holes comment so now I have to at least be a bit helpful You have to pull the chain case cover off to drain and change your chaincase oil. Catch the oil in a pan underneath the cover. Check your chain tension and for any metal filings or pieces while you're in there. Check on line for just the right amount of oil to put back in when you re-fill the chain case. Don't over fill it. Oh ya and about the "You want it LOUD" issue...put a decent can on it and that's loud enough. I feel better now!:beer: (PS: If I gave any incorrect info..someone correct me)

Last edited:
Top Bottom