doo steals too!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read that today, too. The wording makes me think that they are suing over the progressive rate rear suspension.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
meh, trail sleds who cares there all the same anyways.

it says brp had written notice and still continued to violate. i imagine they received the letter, had a good laugh and put it through the shredder because they dont have a solid case.

what polaris wants is the rmotion quick adjust and is probly tryiing to nail brp for some geometry or maybe the rising rate design.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They probably want the T motion suspension and this saves waiting 20 years when the patent is off. HaHa!:smiliestirthepot:

LOL Ouch!!!! the way i look at this law suit is that all sled manufacturers are pretty even in suspension and everything else... who knows who had it first just as long as it makes our ride more enjoyable... and if im thinking right it was polaris who streamlines the ifs (1987) and skidoo who stream lined the weight issue (2008) I am seriously looking at the new XM for next year to see how many tracks get ripped up..... oops sorry I forgot the yamaha. Hmmm nuf said i guess

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Ouch!!!! the way i look at this law suit is that all sled manufacturers are pretty even in suspension and everything else... who knows who had it first just as long as it makes our ride more enjoyable... and if im thinking right it was polaris who streamlines the ifs (1987) and skidoo who stream lined the weight issue (2008) I am seriously looking at the new XM for next year to see how many tracks get ripped up..... oops sorry I forgot the yamaha. Hmmm nuf said i guess

beleive it or not there are still people on this site that think trailing arm ifs is still the way to go.......................

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is my belief that all the manufacturers have sued or will be sued at some point. The end result is always the same - either product technology is shared, exchanged, or the suit is dismissed. Very hard to patent general suspension design, as all the big dogs have built a couple thousand varieties of suspension - some for the race dept, some for production, and some that simply didn't work - getting a patent is easy, and it doesn't take much of an alteration to entitle a design for a new patent. In the end, we get "better" sleds, the lawyers get rich, oh, and we pay for it with the price increases for the new "toy".

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beleive it or not there are still people on this site that think trailing arm ifs is still the way to go.......................

For the most part it doesnt matter what front end you have on your sled cause its gonna be 3 ft in the air on the climb or your trenching 3 ft down. ill sacrifice a 30-40 min trail ride for 6 hrs in the pow on a purpose built sled. Hey everybody enjoy your new suspensions for 2013.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the most part it doesnt matter what front end you have on your sled cause its gonna be 3 ft in the air on the climb or your trenching 3 ft down. ill sacrifice a 30-40 min trail ride for 6 hrs in the pow on a purpose built sled. Hey everybody enjoy your new suspensions for 2013.

6hrs is about a full season for you. isnt it kev?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

probly takes you 40 min to get up the 6km to allan creek! you know you can build purpose built new sleds too? i know a place called mountain magic. i think you know them.

Top Bottom