2006 KX 250 build

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well like every winter in edmonton, I find myself bored stupid so I either buy basket cases and fix them or do ground ups on friends machines. I offered to build a bike for a friend of mine this winter so I thought I would start a build thread to share. The bike is a 2006 Kawasaki KX 250. Full frame up rebuild.
S6302945.jpg

As of now, it's to bare bones. The frame will be back monday to start reassembly. Pics will follow.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well like every winter in edmonton, I find myself bored stupid so I either buy basket cases and fix them or do ground ups on friends machines. I offered to build a bike for a friend of mine this winter so I thought I would start a build thread to share. The bike is a 2006 Kawasaki KX 250. Full frame up rebuild.
S6302945.jpg

As of now, it's to bare bones. The frame will be back monday to start reassembly. Pics will follow.

green frame?

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope. Thats ugly. You will have to wait and see! lol. I will say that there isn't much that will be original.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats gonna be a sick bike

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be painting up those clutch and water pump covers, takes away from the awesomeness of that frame :)

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a small update whil I wait for the triple clamps and swingarm to arrive.
Installed the rads, rad guards, stator cover, carb, air box, wiring, fuel and vent lines.
DSC056962.jpg

DSC05694.jpg

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another little update. Had the shock rebuilt and valved and installed the swing arm and linkage. Hoping to see the triple clamps in the mail tomorrow!
[media]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/android691/DSC05705.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/android691/DSC05707.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/android691/DSC05709.jpg[/media]

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't get the triple clamp or seat cover but I did get the plastics today.
DSC05722.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

I think it's looking alright. I'm hoping the rims, front fender and seat cover set it off a little better. What do you think so far?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't get the triple clamp or seat cover but I did get the plastics today.
DSC05722.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

I think it's looking alright. I'm hoping the rims, front fender and seat cover set it off a little better. What do you think so far?
Looks awsome:beer::beer::beer::beer:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats sweet! I debated stripping down my '09 for some black powder.

Looks like you have an '09 Monster edition in the back.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats sweet! I debated stripping down my '09 for some black powder.

Looks like you have an '09 Monster edition in the back.

Thanks! Yeah, it is a 2009 kx450f monster edition sitting behind. I still haven't ridden it!!! I just bought it this winter. I'm hoping it's everything people are telling me it is. It's going to be my first thumper mx bike and no longer have a 2T besides the cr80.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you will be really impressed with the 450F!

My 250F keeps up to most people on a good day. Mostly on the flat open fire roads I have a little trouble staying in my buddies 450 dust. I am not riding MX either other than for fun at the track. Personally a 450 is more bike than I could need, roll into the throttle in any gear and you will be smiling ear to ear.

My '09 is all green, but I have a brand new set of the black Monster plastics I am thinking about throwing on. I just wouldn't have the green hubs.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will like it. My only concern is the weight compared to 2 stroke bikes. sitting on it feels great and it does great doughnuts ion the garage!! lol

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will like it. My only concern is the weight compared to 2 stroke bikes. sitting on it feels great and it does great doughnuts ion the garage!! lol

mine does awsome donuts too, but I have a feeling the suspention is guna be waaay to soft for the way I ride lol.

Top Bottom