LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    teamgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    1,999

    Movie Downloading

    How do I convert all the movies I downloaded to MP4?

    I also was given a tv series on a stick which is in M4V format, how do I get it to a format that will play on a dvd?



  2. #2
    Member DingoNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Saskatchewan
    Posts
    35

    Re: Movie Downloading

    AnyVideoConverter is a free program that should do the trick.
    2010 Polaris Sportsman 850XP EPS Stealth Black
    28" Maxxis Zilla's, Deluxe Front Brushguard with PIAA lights, 3500lbs. Winch, Front Lock N Ride Cargo Box, Rear Rack Extender, Heated Hand Warmers and Throttle

  3. #3
    Bogger of the GBCA
    Bogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wabamun Lake
    Posts
    23,246

    Re: Movie Downloading

    (1)the reproduction or distribution is made without any purpose of direct or indirect commercial advantage;(2)the collections of the library or archives are (i) open to the public, or
    (ii) available not only to researchers affiliated with the library or archives or with the institution of which it is a part, but also to other persons doing research in a specialized field; and

    (3)the reproduction or distribution of the work includes a notice of copyright that appears on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section, or includes a legend stating that the work may be protected by copyright if no such notice can be found on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section.
    (b)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to three copies or phonorecords of an unpublished work duplicated solely for purposes of preservation and security or for deposit for research use in another library or archives of the type described by clause (2) of subsection (a), if—(1)the copy or phonorecord reproduced is currently in the collections of the library or archives; and
    (2)any such copy or phonorecord that is reproduced in digital format is not otherwise distributed in that format and is not made available to the public in that format outside the premises of the library or archives.

    (c)The right of reproduction under this section applies to three copies or phonorecords of a published work duplicated solely for the purpose of replacement of a copy or phonorecord that is damaged, deteriorating, lost, or stolen, or if the existing format in which the work is stored has become obsolete, if—(1)the library or archives has, after a reasonable effort, determined that an unused replacement cannot be obtained at a fair price; and
    (2)any such copy or phonorecord that is reproduced in digital format is not made available to the public in that format outside the premises of the library or archives in lawful possession of such copy.
    For purposes of this subsection, a format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or device necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

    (d)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to a copy, made from the collection of a library or archives where the user makes his or her request or from that of another library or archives, of no more than one article or other contribution to a copyrighted collection or periodical issue, or to a copy or phonorecord of a small part of any other copyrighted work, if—(1)the copy or phonorecord becomes the property of the user, and the library or archives has had no notice that the copy or phonorecord would be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research; and
    (2)the library or archives displays prominently, at the place where orders are accepted, and includes on its order form, a warning of copyright in accordance with requirements that the Register of Copyrights shall prescribe by regulation.

    (e)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to the entire work, or to a substantial part of it, made from the collection of a library or archives where the user makes his or her request or from that of another library or archives, if the library or archives has first determined, on the basis of a reasonable investigation, that a copy or phonorecord of the copyrighted work cannot be obtained at a fair price, if—(1)the copy or phonorecord becomes the property of the user, and the library or archives has had no notice that the copy or phonorecord would be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research; and
    (2)the library or archives displays prominently, at the place where orders are accepted, and includes on its order form, a warning of copyright in accordance with requirements that the Register of Copyrights shall prescribe by regulation.

    (f)Nothing in this section—(1)shall be construed to impose liability for copyright infringement upon a library or archives or its employees for the unsupervised use of reproducing equipment located on its premises: Provided, That such equipment displays a notice that the making of a copy may be subject to the copyright law;
    (2)excuses a person who uses such reproducing equipment or who requests a copy or phonorecord under subsection (d) from liability for copyright infringement for any such act, or for any later use of such copy or phonorecord, if it exceeds fair use as provided by section 107;
    (3)shall be construed to limit the reproduction and distribution by lending of a limited number of copies and excerpts by a library or archives of an audiovisual news program, subject to clauses (1), (2), and (3) of subsection (a); or
    (4)in any way affects the right of fair use as provided by section 107, or any contractual obligations assumed at any time by the library or archives when it obtained a copy or phonorecord of a work in its collections.

    (g)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section extend to the isolated and unrelated reproduction or distribution of a single copy or phonorecord of the same material on separate occasions, but do not extend to cases where the library or archives, or its employee—(1)is aware or has substantial reason to believe that it is engaging in the related or concerted reproduction or distribution of multiple copies or phonorecords of the same material, whether made on one occasion or over a period of time, and whether intended for aggregate use by one or more individuals or for separate use by the individual members of a group; or
    (2)engages in the systematic reproduction or distribution of single or multiple copies or phonorecords of material described in subsection (d): Provided, That nothing in this clause prevents a library or archives from participating in interlibrary arrangements that do not have, as their purpose or effect, that the library or archives receiving such copies or phonorecords for distribution does so in such aggregate quantities as to substitute for a subscription to or purchase of such work.

    (h)(1)For purposes of this section, during the last 20 years of any term of copyright of a published work, a library or archives, including a nonprofit educational institution that functions as such, may reproduce, distribute, display, or perform in facsimile or digital form a copy or phonorecord of such work, or portions thereof, for purposes of preservation, scholarship, or research, if such library or archives has first determined, on the basis of a reasonable investigation, that none of the conditions set forth in subparagraphs (A), (B), and (C) of paragraph (2) apply.
    (2)No reproduction, distribution, display, or performance is authorized under this subsection if—(A)the work is subject to normal commercial exploitation;
    (B)



    I don't require the threat of eternal damnation to make me behave like a decent human being, thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Red Deer area
    Posts
    5,198

    Re: Movie Downloading

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogger View Post
    (1)the reproduction or distribution is made without any purpose of direct or indirect commercial advantage;(2)the collections of the library or archives are (i) open to the public, or
    (ii) available not only to researchers affiliated with the library or archives or with the institution of which it is a part, but also to other persons doing research in a specialized field; and

    (3)the reproduction or distribution of the work includes a notice of copyright that appears on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section, or includes a legend stating that the work may be protected by copyright if no such notice can be found on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section.
    (b)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to three copies or phonorecords of an unpublished work duplicated solely for purposes of preservation and security or for deposit for research use in another library or archives of the type described by clause (2) of subsection (a), if—(1)the copy or phonorecord reproduced is currently in the collections of the library or archives; and
    (2)any such copy or phonorecord that is reproduced in digital format is not otherwise distributed in that format and is not made available to the public in that format outside the premises of the library or archives.

    (c)The right of reproduction under this section applies to three copies or phonorecords of a published work duplicated solely for the purpose of replacement of a copy or phonorecord that is damaged, deteriorating, lost, or stolen, or if the existing format in which the work is stored has become obsolete, if—(1)the library or archives has, after a reasonable effort, determined that an unused replacement cannot be obtained at a fair price; and
    (2)any such copy or phonorecord that is reproduced in digital format is not made available to the public in that format outside the premises of the library or archives in lawful possession of such copy.
    For purposes of this subsection, a format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or device necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

    (d)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to a copy, made from the collection of a library or archives where the user makes his or her request or from that of another library or archives, of no more than one article or other contribution to a copyrighted collection or periodical issue, or to a copy or phonorecord of a small part of any other copyrighted work, if—(1)the copy or phonorecord becomes the property of the user, and the library or archives has had no notice that the copy or phonorecord would be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research; and
    (2)the library or archives displays prominently, at the place where orders are accepted, and includes on its order form, a warning of copyright in accordance with requirements that the Register of Copyrights shall prescribe by regulation.

    (e)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section apply to the entire work, or to a substantial part of it, made from the collection of a library or archives where the user makes his or her request or from that of another library or archives, if the library or archives has first determined, on the basis of a reasonable investigation, that a copy or phonorecord of the copyrighted work cannot be obtained at a fair price, if—(1)the copy or phonorecord becomes the property of the user, and the library or archives has had no notice that the copy or phonorecord would be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research; and
    (2)the library or archives displays prominently, at the place where orders are accepted, and includes on its order form, a warning of copyright in accordance with requirements that the Register of Copyrights shall prescribe by regulation.

    (f)Nothing in this section—(1)shall be construed to impose liability for copyright infringement upon a library or archives or its employees for the unsupervised use of reproducing equipment located on its premises: Provided, That such equipment displays a notice that the making of a copy may be subject to the copyright law;
    (2)excuses a person who uses such reproducing equipment or who requests a copy or phonorecord under subsection (d) from liability for copyright infringement for any such act, or for any later use of such copy or phonorecord, if it exceeds fair use as provided by section 107;
    (3)shall be construed to limit the reproduction and distribution by lending of a limited number of copies and excerpts by a library or archives of an audiovisual news program, subject to clauses (1), (2), and (3) of subsection (a); or
    (4)in any way affects the right of fair use as provided by section 107, or any contractual obligations assumed at any time by the library or archives when it obtained a copy or phonorecord of a work in its collections.

    (g)The rights of reproduction and distribution under this section extend to the isolated and unrelated reproduction or distribution of a single copy or phonorecord of the same material on separate occasions, but do not extend to cases where the library or archives, or its employee—(1)is aware or has substantial reason to believe that it is engaging in the related or concerted reproduction or distribution of multiple copies or phonorecords of the same material, whether made on one occasion or over a period of time, and whether intended for aggregate use by one or more individuals or for separate use by the individual members of a group; or
    (2)engages in the systematic reproduction or distribution of single or multiple copies or phonorecords of material described in subsection (d): Provided, That nothing in this clause prevents a library or archives from participating in interlibrary arrangements that do not have, as their purpose or effect, that the library or archives receiving such copies or phonorecords for distribution does so in such aggregate quantities as to substitute for a subscription to or purchase of such work.

    (h)(1)For purposes of this section, during the last 20 years of any term of copyright of a published work, a library or archives, including a nonprofit educational institution that functions as such, may reproduce, distribute, display, or perform in facsimile or digital form a copy or phonorecord of such work, or portions thereof, for purposes of preservation, scholarship, or research, if such library or archives has first determined, on the basis of a reasonable investigation, that none of the conditions set forth in subparagraphs (A), (B), and (C) of paragraph (2) apply.
    (2)No reproduction, distribution, display, or performance is authorized under this subsection if—(A)the work is subject to normal commercial exploitation;
    (B)
    Killjoy.
    Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

    2016 Renegade 1000 XMR: "Porta-Poti Blue"
    QSC primary, STM secondary, Yoshimura,
    Monster EFI reflash, BRP rad relocate,
    Cecco post brace, Rigid LED, skids, blue plasma rope.

    2016 Outlander 570L DPS
    BRP snorkel and rad relocate, 27" Outback XTs, LED,
    blue plasma winch rope, Fox shocks, Alpine Flex plow.

    Past machines:
    2012 Renegade 1000 XXC
    2008 Outlander 400 EFI
    2007 Outlander 800 XT
    Lots of older non-BRP junk

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    OVERKILL 19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Red Deer
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: Movie Downloading

    Quote Originally Posted by teamgreen View Post
    How do I convert all the movies I downloaded to MP4?

    I also was given a tv series on a stick which is in M4V format, how do I get it to a format that will play on a dvd?
    I see this is very old thread..... I use "handbrake" ....insert joke here!

    I was using pirate bay up until couple days ago. What's everyone using now? Kickasstorrents?
    Sold all my chit!

  6. #6
    Super Mod Geek
    TylerG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spruce Grove, Alberta
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Movie Downloading

    1337x.org for the most part.

    going to try to see if there's a leaked copy of "The Interview" out there tonight.
    Member of Team SLIM

  7. #7
    Member cdnredneck_t3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
    Posts
    397

    Re: Movie Downloading

    Still use Vuze. I have quit downloading movies that have not been released on DVD. I know of some people who have had notices sent to them tracked back through their IP. Anyone else have something similar happen?

  8. #8
    Member ippielb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Movie Downloading

    Someone told me that downloading is illegal because your physically making another copy, but streaming the movie try can't do anything about. Take my advice worth of a grain of salt.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2010 SnoPro 800 Turbo 162" -2004 F7 BB800 Turbo
    2005 SnoPro 440 - 2006 SnoPro 600 Mod EFI
    2012 MudPro 1000 LTD - 2005 Arctic cat 500 4x4



  9. #9
    Member fnDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Movie Downloading

    A buddy got a notice like that a week ago and it hadn't even downloaded completely. Basically a notice to the provider that one of it's customers has potentially downloaded a movie illegally which he was cc'd on.
    This was movie that had just hit theaters. It did not deter him much. He had only partially downloaded it and stopped it because it was taking too long.

  10. #10
    Super Mod Geek
    TylerG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spruce Grove, Alberta
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Movie Downloading

    Quote Originally Posted by fnDan View Post
    A buddy got a notice like that a week ago and it hadn't even downloaded completely. Basically a notice to the provider that one of it's customers has potentially downloaded a movie illegally which he was cc'd on.
    This was movie that had just hit theaters. It did not deter him much. He had only partially downloaded it and stopped it because it was taking too long.
    I've gotten the emails, stop downloading for a while, then start again.

    Basically in the email it suggested that "possibly someone had gained access to my network"...... I go with that
    Member of Team SLIM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •