LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by tex78 View Post
    It's already closed to summer use above 1700 m, I mean to all users except on foot, mountain bikes also


    But that's the start, then winter next

    It's joss, Mable and tsuius mountains

    Big chunk of land, pretty much everything 4km south of 3 valley gap, east side of the wap lake road for 50-100 km
    I pretty much have no reason to sled anymore if this happens.

    Fack.



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    skegpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In them hills.
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Sign up for this and give the guys a like on Facebook and Instagram.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion
    lilduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,207

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by tex78 View Post
    It's already closed to summer use above 1700 m, I mean to all users except on foot, mountain bikes also


    But that's the start, then winter next

    It's joss, Mable and tsuius mountains

    Big chunk of land, pretty much everything 4km south of 3 valley gap, east side of the wap lake road for 50-100 km
    I don't like the sounds of that.
    Last edited by lilduke; November 20th, 2018 at 09:26 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    tex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DA Moose B.C
    Posts
    16,037

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by skegpro View Post
    Shutting down the cat skiing?
    Or are they on our side on this one?
    So far winter is still open
    long live the rev ...08-09 xp's are like riding a buffalo
    sleds are a 2014 xmx 163 , 2010 summit x 163 copper black mod

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    tex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DA Moose B.C
    Posts
    16,037

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by lilduke View Post
    I don't like the sounds of that.
    Nope, not good
    long live the rev ...08-09 xp's are like riding a buffalo
    sleds are a 2014 xmx 163 , 2010 summit x 163 copper black mod

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    gunner3006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    grande prairie
    Posts
    8,429

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    As a hunter itís becoming a real issue. I urge everyone to attend what meetings are held. Y2Y is backed by money and power. Tree huggers, environmentalists and Yuppies. Everyone is under the impression that closures couldnít possibly happen to long time Rec areas, seasons and parks. It can happen. They gather info secretly and manipulate. Can you imagine if B.C. didnít have a grizzly bear hunt? Oh wait.......theyíre isnít this year. How about all the caribou that were killed in a avalanche this past year in the northern Rockies. Natural causes. Nothing to do with sledding, or atv or human pressure. If you enjoy hunting, fishing, quadding, sledding, trapping, camping or hiking go to these meetings and get informed.

  7. #17
    I'm doo-ing it! FA Sewer Ball Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Gold Rush Slots Champion, Overkill: Apache Champion, Hook Line and Sinker Champion, Bmx Tricks Champion, Better BBQ challenge Champion, Bike Mania Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, Batman's Gotham dark night Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, Flight of the Hamster Champion
    ferniesnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    beautiful, downtown Salmon Arm, BC
    Posts
    74,667

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    The Y2Y movement might have been the first group to knock on Nothead's door when the NDP got voted in in Alberta. The movement with big USA bucks, took a brand, Protect our Headwaters, to the media and the common people bought it. The eastern slope in south western Alberta will never be the same. In the next breath, the NDP donated millions to the Nature Conservancy of Canada to form a Wildlife Corridor along highway #3 in the Crowsnest Pass.

    So far, in this corner of the province, the Nature Conservancy of Canada owns/controls some fairly large pieces of property that will very easily be made into Parks. There is a piece beside the Inn on the Border, another piece between the small town of Hosmer and Sparwood, the area around Mt Broadmore southeast of Fernie, and a smaller piece along the Elk River between Sparwood and Elkford.

    With an NDP government in power in BC, I can see the process continuing. Back-country users can't become complacent and have to get involved. The youngsters in school are being brainwashed with programs (about conservation and not to mention the diversity/inclusion crap) shoved down their throats in a manner that they are totally protective of the back-country from the use of motorized transportation. Even, by the looks of it, the use of bicycles in the Joss area will not be tolerated.

    This is real and progressing a lot faster than people can imagine. Deals are made in secret and no one knows until the announcement is made. I would like to know where the big manufactures are in relation to all of this. Can't they see the writing on the wall?

    "the best little shop on the prairies"
    is an older, sadly missed era.


    ferniesnow's YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ferniesnow

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    tex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DA Moose B.C
    Posts
    16,037

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    I also asked rorry from shuswap extreme ( kitty dealer in s. A), which was the only dealer to show up too

    He said textron is aware, they have some big lawyers, and being a big company with lots of different stuff, pretty diverse I guess

    How they will do dunno, we figure it's probably 15-20% Canada market share in alberta and b. C, is it enough for them to help, guess we will see


    But where are Polaris, brp, cf moto, kawi, honda, Suzuki.
    long live the rev ...08-09 xp's are like riding a buffalo
    sleds are a 2014 xmx 163 , 2010 summit x 163 copper black mod



  9. #19
    Member
    deaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Creston, BC
    Posts
    2,452

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by tex78 View Post
    I also asked rorry from shuswap extreme ( kitty dealer in s. A), which was the only dealer to show up too

    He said textron is aware, they have some big lawyers, and being a big company with lots of different stuff, pretty diverse I guess

    How they will do dunno, we figure it's probably 15-20% Canada market share in alberta and b. C, is it enough for them to help, guess we will see


    But where are Polaris, brp, cf moto, kawi, honda, Suzuki.
    If I seen a manufacturer getting actively involved in this stuff, my allegiances would switch awful quick. Thats what we are missing. The greenies have money and power behind them and thats what we need to fight back against them. Our rallies and clubs just arent going to be enough. If cat stepped up and provided some clout there is no doubt my next sled or sxs would be a cat.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    tex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DA Moose B.C
    Posts
    16,037

    Re: Joss Pass Closure

    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    If I seen a manufacturer getting actively involved in this stuff, my allegiances would switch awful quick. Thats what we are missing. The greenies have money and power behind them and thats what we need to fight back against them. Our rallies and clubs just arent going to be enough. If cat stepped up and provided some clout there is no doubt my next sled or sxs would be a cat.
    That makes 2 of us
    long live the rev ...08-09 xp's are like riding a buffalo
    sleds are a 2014 xmx 163 , 2010 summit x 163 copper black mod

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •