LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

925 big bore

Discuss 925 big bore in the ARCTIC CAT CHAT forums; I was undecided what I was going to do with my 2013-153 and after playing with boost for a little ...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 925 big bore

I was undecided what I was going to do with my 2013-153 and after playing with boost for a little while on another sled Deano had me sold on a BB. I couldn't be happier with my motor Deano built me. These 925's pull like a freight train! Deano had my sled dialed in for the hills when I picked it up no guessing games with numbers or clutching!

As for the price it is very reasonable IMO. Your getting a top notch product and top notch service on a kit that is build tested and tuned in areas most of us ride!

I highly recommend anyone looking at a BB or mods to call Deano!

Next chance I get to ride I'll throw together some video.

Thanks again Deano!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Dean does wicked work and that big bores that are around the 200hp mark really work well.

Mad Motorsports
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct in saying that the price is closing in on that of a turbo. However that would be a turbo on a stock engine capable of maybe 6-8 psi safely. Our turbos are not 7-8g out the door either as I do not believe in selling the customer a limit of 6-8 psi. With a turbo built engine and the right turbo kit why not give the customer a sled that will run 10-14psi on av gas or more if your willing to run straight race. 8 psi would equate to about a 60-64 hp gain and only once on boost. So lets say a stock 800 on a good day makes 160hp + 64hp= 224hp now with the added weight of a turbo kit vs the 200hp of a big bore on the same fuel and good chance your going to remove weight with an after market exhaust and intake is the turbo really ahead of the game here?? Im not saying either one is better than the other here and definitely not trying to start a fight, all im saying is if they are both purpose built the turbo is going to cost you alot more. Happy trails, have fun and ride safe.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
    MAD MOTORSPORTS CUSTOM SNOWMOBILES. Visit us at http://www.madmotorsports.ca or find us on facebook

DRD
    Post Thanks / Like

They make 200HP on pump?

Mad Motorsports
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope and ive never seen a turbo at 8 psi last on straight pump either. They will make 190 on pump season after season though.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
    MAD MOTORSPORTS CUSTOM SNOWMOBILES. Visit us at http://www.madmotorsports.ca or find us on facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deano670 View Post
    You are correct in saying that the price is closing in on that of a turbo. However that would be a turbo on a stock engine capable of maybe 6-8 psi safely. Our turbos are not 7-8g out the door either as I do not believe in selling the customer a limit of 6-8 psi. With a turbo built engine and the right turbo kit why not give the customer a sled that will run 10-14psi on av gas or more if your willing to run straight race. 8 psi would equate to about a 60-64 hp gain and only once on boost. So lets say a stock 800 on a good day makes 160hp + 64hp= 224hp now with the added weight of a turbo kit vs the 200hp of a big bore on the same fuel and good chance your going to remove weight with an after market exhaust and intake is the turbo really ahead of the game here?? Im not saying either one is better than the other here and definitely not trying to start a fight, all im saying is if they are both purpose built the turbo is going to cost you alot more. Happy trails, have fun and ride safe.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
    I have a 925 kit on my proclimb, so I'm not bashing bigbores and I like pull and go's, but remember, no bigbore makes 190hp at altitude. A turbo maintains that 224hp all day long.
    2013 Arctic Cat M8, RT Tek 925 kit

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested to see what my turbo would do up agains the 925 kits. It's been on a diet and it tuned in to destroy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgiles View Post
    I have a 925 kit on my proclimb, so I'm not bashing bigbores and I like pull and go's, but remember, no bigbore makes 190hp at altitude. A turbo maintains that 224hp all day long.

Why will a turbo maintain HP at elevation?? Are they running different air?

I think this is a HUGE misconception that maybe we can clear up.

There are MANY factors/variables that determine what a turbo will and will not produce in terms of power ..MANY!!

a GOOD 925 kit will equal a 9PSI Boondcoker boosted PRO at 8500ft in terms of power.. and the Boondocker Pro IMO, makes a good of power as ANY of the other turbo kits..

8PSI and 224HP.. maybe good on a dyno but remember turbos on dynos do not have a calibration factor.. So, be careful of elevated turbo HP claims when on a dyno..

A good 925 BB WILL make 200HP on pump gas at sea level.. and that will equate to a very good running sled at any elevation!
    Last edited by RK Tek; March 15th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orange stealth View Post
    I'd be interested to see what my turbo would do up agains the 925 kits. It's been on a diet and it tuned in to destroy.
    Try not to scratch her up to much next weekend. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RK Tek View Post
    Why will a turbo maintain HP at elevation?? Are they running different air?

I think this is a HUGE misconception that maybe we can clear up.

There are MANY factors/variables that determine what a turbo will and will not produce in terms of power ..MANY!!

a GOOD 925 kit will equal a 9PSI Boondcoker boosted PRO at 8500ft in terms of power.. and the Boondocker Pro IMO, makes a good of power as ANY of the other turbo kits..

8PSI and 224HP.. maybe good on a dyno but remember turbos on dynos do not have a calibration factor.. So, be careful of elevated turbo HP claims when on a dyno..

A good 925 BB WILL make 200HP on pump gas at sea level.. and that will equate to a very good running sled at any elevation!
    Ok, maybe I need a good lesson on turbos on sleds, but I do understand turbos on planes and I am pretty sure the concept is the same. More dense air allows more fuel and that allows more HP. Naturally aspirated engines go up in elevation and with less available air density, you get less fuel and less HP. Pretty basic. On a turbo with a wastegate, you set what PSI increase you want to run (on planes its manifold pressure) and the waste gate regulates that pressure to keep it constant. As you climb up into less dense air, the waste gate closes more to allow the turbo to maintain the pressure, hence maintain HP. Am I incorrect on this statement? As you telling me that a if you had a 200 hp bigbore at sealevel and a 200hp turbo and took them to 12,000 feet, they would both still be equal in hp?
    2013 Arctic Cat M8, RT Tek 925 kit