14 m8000 mountain ready

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question for all the cat guys, im new to cat and thinking of buying a new m8000. are there any mods that should be done right away or are they good to go,such as gear down or clutch work, stuf like that thanks fr any hints

Dulley

Reaction score
X2 as per tater, also look at putting a can on it, MBRP is 300.00 and loose about 13 lbs from the stock muffler

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup can as well might wanna get cooker one as hard to get muffpot in good spot... Or just eat ham sammiches!!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tether, ski's and a can of your choice! I haven't heard good things about the mbrps however.. I run a "thing" cooker can and my buddy has a tss tunnel dump on his. the tunnel dump sounds gnarly

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Sled Shed in Revelestoke builds them.

Sent from my iPad using

sno pro

Reaction score
Get a set of skis and a can. I have over 700 miles on my 14 and really like it they get up on the snow awesome but need the skis for going down hill cause the proclimb chassis has so much ski pressure and they come with junk skis

eltigre

Reaction score
Installed a a set of SlyDog Powder Hounds on my 14'M8000 and never been happier, I think their even better than the Simmons Gen2 that I had on my M7!

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how so? for a factory sled I thought It performs well!

They run to hot, there deflection is all taken with cats best belts 083/084 so you don't have any adjustment left and u can't get full shifts cause belt is to low in secondary plus they trench like a mofo Team secondary are working really well. With good feedback.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely aftermarket skis and a can! I'm running the SLP PowderPro skis and an MBRP can on my 2014. I really wish Arctic Cat would make a decent mountain ski....I find the stock ones dive too much in the deep stuff. No problem with the clutching on the 14's....I'm not running a vent kit and I've ridden a few really deep days pushing it HARD and haven't experienced any belt problems yet. On my 12 I had to run a full vent kit to keep it cool, so whatever they did for the 14 year has definitely been a big improvement!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They run to hot, there deflection is all taken with cats best belts 083/084 so you don't have any adjustment left and u can't get full shifts cause belt is to low in secondary plus they trench like a mofo Team secondary are working really well. With good feedback.

All of these things apply to the 13 not the 14. The 14 clutching is much improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of these things apply to the 13 not the 14. The 14 clutching is much improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Yes they are but the early 2014 still had alot of problems most dealer related from poor assembly but come on for the price we pay we should not have these issues.

Nytrous

Reaction score
I'm coming off of a 2010 m8 sno pro 162, that i bought brand new, and that sled was flawless out of the box. That being said I have been less than impressed with my 2014 sno pro 162. Assembly was poor, pull rope broke, clutching sucks, geared too low, ect. I really didn't expect to have to do so much to make this thing work like a brand new sled should from the factory. So this so far is what I've done, boyesen rage cages, vented side panels, racewerx bumper, lightweight can, normal stuff I would have done anyways. But to fix the issues I ditched the factory primary clutching, installed mds stuff(huge difference), took the secondary apart and found it was binding, had to machine out where the helix and the outside shiv are close for clearance,(now it shifts out fully), installed anti-stab kit(an absolute must on this chassis), and 20 tooth top gear. Now, after all these changes, this sled rocks! So if you don't mind a little output to make it work, it will be worth the money, if not, don't buy one.

trhaus

Reaction score
first ride out on my 2014 and i couldnt be happier, i through a few parts at it and what a proper beast it is. i went with slydog skis, very sensitive on rider input. bikeman stage one kit, vforce reeds-y pipe-pipe-can-adjustable weights-helix-programer. this kit puts out amazing it was worth every penny. no more stock for me there is no way after riding this wonderful upgrade

Top Bottom