PDA

View Full Version : Club trail talk and discussion

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
The Northern lights snowmobile club trail talk and conditions are here now.
All trails are open except from the y north of the shoal lake cabin to the Misty ridge ski hill.

Shoal lake cabin is being moved from the west side of the trail to the east side on jan 18. 10 volunteers are needed. Lunch and beverages are provided.
Also need fire wood put up at shoal lake and Goodrich lake cabins. If we have enough volunteers on the 18th we will do the wood as well At shoal lake cabin as it won't take that long.

TylerG
January 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
might be able to come out on the 18th Dale, I'll check with the "boss" and let ya know.

Sledderglen
January 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
might be able to come out on the 18th Dale, I'll check with the "boss" and let ya know.

Which boss???

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2014, 09:26 PM

Ok thanks sounds good. I am thinking that we should be able to get enough local volunteers. But if you want to come out any time just let is know. :)

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Local trail map. This does not include the recent changes to the trail.
Thanks

http://snoriderswest.com/images/uploads/Barrhead_trail_map1.pdf

summ-it-up
January 6th, 2014, 10:05 PM
i'll come give a hand, do we just show up? or who do we contact, Al?

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2014, 10:43 PM
i'll come give a hand, do we just show up? or who do we contact, Al?

Yes you can let Al know. I will be seeing him in the morning.
Thanks

TylerG
January 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Ok thanks sounds good. I am thinking that we should be able to get enough local volunteers. But if you want to come out any time just let is know. :)

If you run short let me know. Pretty sure we could come up & help. The girls would probably get into troubles though!

TylerG
January 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Which boss???

The one I live with.

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2014, 10:55 PM
If you run short let me know. Pretty sure we could come up & help. The girls would probably get into troubles though!
That there is the truth! Its going to be bad enough in Golden! Lol!

Revgirl
January 6th, 2014, 10:57 PM

Absolutely we'll get into trouble together! 😜

Yes I ride like a girl, cuz I am one!
Revgirl😎

DDrake
January 12th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Finally managed to get out to your area for a ride with my family on Saturday. Staged in town and made it as far as Goodridge lake cabin. Turned towards home as we were runnin out of daylight. Lots of snow in the fields and we seen a bunch of deer on the way back to the truck. All in all it was a good day. Thanks to the club for all ur hard work.

Go-Vertical
January 12th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Finally managed to get out to your area for a ride with my family on Saturday. Staged in town and made it as far as Goodridge lake cabin. Turned towards home as we were runnin out of daylight. Lots of snow in the fields and we seen a bunch of deer on the way back to the truck. All in all it was a good day. Thanks to the club for all ur hard work.

Glad you made it to our neck of the woods.

Go-Vertical
January 12th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Big thank you to everyone that helped on Saturday clearing some trial from the northern lights flat bush cabin to the trans canada trail. It was a joint effort of two clubs fort sask. Snow angles. Wish I could have been there but I was working.

TylerG
January 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Big thank you to everyone that helped on Saturday clearing some trial from the northern lights flat bush cabin to the trans canada trail. It was a joint effort of two clubs fort sask. Snow angles. Wish I could have been there but I was working.

excuses excuses ;)

It was great to see the 3 guys show up and give us a hand getting the ramp ready to be installed. Was greatly appreciated!

DDrake
January 13th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Glad you made it to our neck of the woods.

It was a good day. lookin forward to the rally at Bloomsbury.

Go-Vertical
January 14th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Misty ridge trail is open again. Rerouted trail.

Go-Vertical
January 14th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Rode to the shoal lake cabin tonight with family and some friends cooked some supper. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/14/geba4edy.jpg

Go-Vertical
January 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Crossing shoal lake now is pretty treacherous not much snow left and lots of water. Trail is open around the lake.

Go-Vertical
February 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Some of the members are out today fighting the cold checking the marking on the trail. Between Goodrich cabin and the flat bush cabin.

robb
March 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
With the warmer weather and light snow conditions , all signage,trail markers and hazards markers have been removed from the south end of the trail system between the Barrhead and Vega staging areas . At this point the trail is not officially closed. Use caution when riding in this area and avoid all bare patches when crossing over farmland.

Go-Vertical
March 10th, 2014, 07:20 PM
With the warmer weather and light snow conditions , all signage,trail markers and hazards markers have been removed from the south end of the trail system between the Barrhead and Vega staging areas . At this point the trail is not officially closed. Use caution when riding in this area and avoid all bare patches when crossing over farmland.

Thanks robb. Looks like the season is closing fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go-Vertical
March 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Trail system from Barrhead to vega is closed. As of tonight. North part of the trail system is still open.

Go-Vertical
November 11th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Update... Or Trail system is being worked on. day #5 of mulching complete. The crew made it to flat bush cabin today through the Hubert lake wild land provincial park. 3/4 of our proposed trail upgrade for the year is already complete. More info to come. Big unveiling Friday night!!!! Stay tuned.

TylerG
November 12th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Update... Or Trail system is being worked on. day #5 of mulching complete. The crew made it to flat bush cabin today through the Hubert lake wild land provincial park. 3/4 of our proposed trail upgrade for the year is already complete. More info to come. Big unveiling Friday night!!!! Stay tuned.

why you gotta keep us waiting until Friday? TELL US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go-Vertical
November 12th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Where's the suspense in that!!

Go-Vertical
November 14th, 2014, 04:50 PM
We are proud to announce that we have purchased a groomer this year!! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/f7d70a5e46154dd29ae0ab4275fc7f84.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/ef4efdc02d78ef83fa39c506c6bfdbd6.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/67188b89f6e2f0ef0d052be062d3608c.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/a19dbd884ba6e3e0b18118cd6bb335a3.jpg
We have a few things left to do to it yet. It's a bit of a fixer upper.

Revgirl
November 14th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'm looking forward to smoother trails this year and seeing the trail to flat bush cabin [emoji2]

Proud Betties member!
Revgirl[emoji41]

TylerG
November 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM
That's old news Dale! Here I thought it was something exciting ;)

Hahaha! Congrats to the Barrhead Club on their purchase!

Go-Vertical
November 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Only the privileged knew.. Now we just need a dump of snow in about a week. Still doing trail work 8k left to clean up. Man is it going to be nice!!

Sledderglen
November 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Going to be nice to ride to your cabin from the TCST.

Before and after pics would be nice

Go-Vertical
November 17th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Going to be nice to ride to your cabin from the TCST.

Before and after pics would be nice

Think the guys were taking some pics. Also just applied for some more Asa cash to finish North of the cabin to tcst also the side loop along the river. While our equipment is there. We now have a cat working along with the mulchers. Going to be smoother than the qe2!!

Sledderglen
November 17th, 2014, 07:51 PM
so you will brush down to the Athabasca River along the TCST also in your proposal to the ASA? Are you getting more info into the ASA?

Go-Vertical
November 17th, 2014, 09:09 PM
so you will brush down to the Athabasca River along the TCST also in your proposal to the ASA? Are you getting more info into the ASA?

We had intended to do this with the NTC grant money but as we did not have enough matching cash on hand ( $8,000.00 short) we are not able to do this last section. This section is 5.71 kilometers and fairly heavily brushed. We will clear an existing fun side trail of 3.1 kl to the Athabasca river and back to our trail. We are working on the paper work for the Asa. We have contacted Chris. Nothing on the tcst will be done. Our contractor was going to inspect the tcst from river to river while there to give a quote to me to pass on to Tyler.
This section of 5.71 km is from flat bush North to tcst.

Sledderglen
November 19th, 2014, 12:35 PM
We had intended to do this with the NTC grant money but as we did not have enough matching cash on hand ( $8,000.00 short) we are not able to do this last section. This section is 5.71 kilometers and fairly heavily brushed. We will clear an existing fun side trail of 3.1 kl to the Athabasca river and back to our trail. We are working on the paper work for the Asa. We have contacted Chris. Nothing on the tcst will be done. Our contractor was going to inspect the tcst from river to river while there to give a quote to me to pass on to Tyler.
This section of 5.71 km is from flat bush North to tcst.

Good thanks for the reply. We are looking for help with our TCST section as well but our funds are limited as well. Im on the Trail Committee with the ASA and will see your request. Get it in VERY soon.

Sledderglen
November 19th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Clubs working together is the best way to achieve the best trails out there. Athabasca club could be willing to help us out some as well. Thanks

Sledderglen
November 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM
Congratulation.

Go-Vertical
November 21st, 2014, 05:08 PM
Looks like our trail up grade will be completed today some time!
Just in time.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/21/93e93cc829b8978332e375830a3dffe9.jpg

Sledderglen
November 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
Looks like our trail up grade will be completed today some time!
Just in time.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/21/93e93cc829b8978332e375830a3dffe9.jpg

You still have no pics. You just want us to come check it out ourselves don't you? Good work enjoy your fresh,wide, trail. Did you put up signs as well? Snow show make it look like a highway

Go-Vertical
November 21st, 2014, 05:48 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/21/323176e31b3fc2fffb4a6b3fd86bfb2d.jpg

South end of the park going north

Go-Vertical
November 21st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Not sure why my pic. Is not showing. Maybe just my phone

Go-Vertical
January 1st, 2015, 11:02 PM
First trip out last night on the trails and I must say they are holding up really good. Considering we haven't had much snow for a month. Trail from Barrhead to the shoal lake cabin is smoooooth for the most part. Just got back from the Goodrich cabin tonight and the trails up there are good but need a little more snow so the next groomer pass we could get rid of some of the summer atv damage in the swamps. Big thanks to the guys that did all the grooming/trail setting! The new groomer purchase was worth it!

Go-Vertical
January 1st, 2015, 11:04 PM
New snow is on its way!!!! Calling for 10-15cm over night! Just in time for the ladies ride on Saturday!!!

Go-Vertical
January 1st, 2015, 11:05 PM
Maybe a guys ride at the same time!!!

Go-Vertical
January 1st, 2015, 11:06 PM
Cause some has to keep there eye on them. Maybe TylerG is up for it? Or Nytroman?

TylerG
January 2nd, 2015, 09:08 AM
Cause some has to keep there eye on them. Maybe TylerG is up for it? Or Nytroman?

Maybe, we'll see how much more falls tonight, and how friggin far the temps drop, pretty sure Sara wants to go so I'll be up there too. Told her to go on her own, she doesn't know how to get to Barrhead, so I guess I'll have to drive.

Go-Vertical
January 2nd, 2015, 09:54 AM
Maybe, we'll see how much more falls tonight, and how friggin far the temps drop, pretty sure Sara wants to go so I'll be up there too. Told her to go on her own, she doesn't know how to get to Barrhead, so I guess I'll have to drive.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/62bcacd39793ff53d1959e36aeb182d0.jpg

Looks promising! Yet it's going to be cold.

TylerG
January 2nd, 2015, 09:56 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/62bcacd39793ff53d1959e36aeb182d0.jpg

Looks promising! Yet it's going to be cold.

they still planning to go all the way to flatbush cabin & back? I'll have to find the spare fuel cans if that's the case.

Go-Vertical
January 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure. They will probably make that decision today.

Nytroman
January 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
My weather man says high of -20 tomorrow. 181996
Have to drop some weight in primary today. See what mornings like i guess

Go-Vertical
January 2nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
Well we hope you can make it. We Don't want to have too much fun without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa-junk.

Go-Vertical
January 4th, 2015, 10:43 AM
It was a great day yesterday! Some pretty good riding conditions. There was more people out bearing the colder temps than I expected. Riding with some new people yesterday was a great time!

TylerG
January 5th, 2015, 07:11 AM
It was a great day yesterday! Some pretty good riding conditions. There was more people out bearing the colder temps than I expected. Riding with some new people yesterday was a great time!

Good times for sure! Thanks again Dale!

Go-Vertical
January 5th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Good times for sure! Thanks again Dale!

Any time! It was a pleasure. Now you know where we live.

Also picked up a new lantern for the Goodrich cabin today.

TylerG
January 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Any time! It was a pleasure. Now you know where we live.

Also picked up a new lantern for the Goodrich cabin today.

That's good, that other one is beyond repair!

Go-Vertical
January 5th, 2015, 07:11 PM
That's good, that other one is beyond repair!

It would be great to light fires. But it's done it job.
Now there will be More light for the next trip out to see what we were actually eating

DDrake
January 5th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Hey go-vertical how are the conditions up in your neck of the woods? Thinkin of headin somewhere this weekend and lookin for an update. Is the staging area in town available still?

Go-Vertical
January 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Hey go-vertical how are the conditions up in your neck of the woods? Thinkin of headin somewhere this weekend and lookin for an update. Is the staging area in town available still?

Yes the staging area is still there. Trails are in good shape. Lots of play areas along the way. The last dump of snow was about 6-8" still sinking to the bottom of the snow but pretty good. Hoping to get out this week for a ride again. Weekends are for working aren't they??

DDrake
January 5th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Yes the staging area is still there. Trails are in good shape. Lots of play areas along the way. The last dump of snow was about 6-8" still sinking to the bottom of the snow but pretty good. Hoping to get out this week for a ride again. Weekends are for working aren't they??

Not anymore in my world.......lol We should try to get together for a ride.

Go-Vertical
January 5th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Not anymore in my world.......lol We should try to get together for a ride.

Yes indeed! Friday works for me. How about you?

DDrake
January 6th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Yes indeed! Friday works for me. How about you?

I would love to but I am workin. We are available most weekends.

Go-Vertical
January 6th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I would love to but I am workin. We are available most weekends.

The ladies are riding on Sunday this weekend and some husbands go out too. Husbands usually just head out on there own ahead of the women. Just to give the ladies time to build there own confidence. It also helps them knowing that there significant other is close by too.
I'll keep you posted on when I can get out on a weekend.

DDrake
January 6th, 2015, 07:50 PM
The ladies are riding on Sunday this weekend and some husbands go out too. Husbands usually just head out on there own ahead of the women. Just to give the ladies time to build there own confidence. It also helps them knowing that there significant other is close by too.
I'll keep you posted on when I can get out on a weekend.

Thanks . My wife has never ridden without me so it would be good for her. Unfortunately she has a work function to attend on Sunday. But definitely keep me posted on when you can get out on a weekend and we will go for a rip.

Go-Vertical
January 9th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Trail freshly groomed from Barrhead to shoal lake cabin.

Sledderglen
January 9th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Now get out there with the new groomer and pack it to last longer and get your base built. Do it when cold for best job.

Go-Vertical
January 9th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Now get out there with the new groomer and pack it to last longer and get your base built. Do it when cold for best job.

Yes indeed. Started last night we bit cold here this am. -38. It was only -33 when I shut the groomer off at 3:20am moving groomer today hopefully

Sledderglen
January 9th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Yes indeed. Started last night we bit cold here this am. -38. It was only -33 when I shut the groomer off at 3:20am moving groomer today hopefully

Best time and temp to groom

Go-Vertical
January 16th, 2015, 06:40 PM
All Trails are groomed! Ready for the weekend.
Large lumps were removed near the tcst connection as well.

Sledderglen
January 16th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the lump removal. Those could of been ugly to hit on that nice upgraded trail.

Think we should plan for the 2 clubs to meet at the Flatbush Cabin for a ride. Fort Saskatchewan and Barrhead

Go-Vertical
January 17th, 2015, 12:51 AM
That would be good. I'll through the idea at the others.

Go-Vertical
January 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Sorry I have to post this but due to the June like weather here in Barrhead we have no choice but to temporarily close all trails. Till it cools and snows again.

Nytroman
January 26th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Didn't even get a chance to parade around with my trail pass, Is it valid in New York?

Go-Vertical
January 26th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Didn't even get a chance to parade around with my trail pass, Is it valid in New York?

One wouldn't think so. But you can try.

Winter is not over yet.

Go-Vertical
February 4th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I'm glad to announce the re-opening of our trails.
****Please use respect as there is low coverage of snow off the existing groomed trail. (On the southern end of our trail system the farm land is sensitive)***

Please be cautious as there may be hazards present out there.

TylerG
February 4th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I'm glad to announce the re-opening of our trails.
****Please use respect as there is low coverage of snow off the existing groomed trail. (On the southern end of our trail system the farm land is sensitive)***

Please be cautious as there may be hazards present out there.

Now let's just hope the forecasters are right!

Go-Vertical
February 4th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Now let's just hope the forecasters are right!

Yes I hope so too! There we a couple people out today. It Looked like FUN!

Go-Vertical
February 16th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Please be advised to lock stuff up securely in the area. There was a truck and trailer stollen in town from the staging area Friday.

Just two doors down from the rcmp detachment. The nerve!!

Go-Vertical
February 24th, 2015, 07:33 PM
As you may or may not know, the NLSC has been working very hard to fundraise in order to receive a matching grant from the Federal National Recreational Trails Program. This fall with the support of many volunteers, the fundraising, and the grant, our connector trail has gone through some major upgrades! These upgrades have made our trails rider friendly for all skill levels!

Please join us Saturday February 28th for our NLSC Grant Ride.
Our day will begin with Coffee & Donuts at 11:00am at the Barrhead Staging area. From there you will be welcomed to choose to ride to the Goodrich warm up cabin or you may choose to stage in Vega and ride in from there.

So mark your calendars and join us!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact

On behalf of the NLSC, We look forward to seeing you there!