PDA

View Full Version : need help with jetting!!!!!!

polaris freak
October 9th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hi, i just bought a 01 rmk 700 single slp pipe and can, slp air box, v-force reeds, cheater heads, boost bottle, and 156 track. The guy i bought it from mainly rode it in wyoming and had the jetting set up for high alltitude. I only ride in Iowa and need different jets, but what size? I called slp and asked them and they told me i would need 190 and 200 main jets, does that sound right? Im not very smart when it comes to carbs so any help will be appreciated, thank you.

medler
October 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thought those sleds had altitude compensators? Even though there should be or used to be a sticker under the hood that had jet sizes written down.

polaris freak
October 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Im not sure about the altitude compensators but I heard that when you have the aftermarket pipe and air box the jetting charts are useless. Every time i go to give it throttle it loads itself up and backfires. What jets slp told me to use kinda seem big, or not? like i said when it comes to jetting im lost.

Spudnik
October 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
That does sound a little big/ rich i would say. Its been a while but I road a 2000 700 rmk with SLP single pipe and Reeds. port and polished. I ran 172 around 4000 ft