PDA

View Full Version : Nytro Bigger gas tank?

rknight111
May 21st, 2008, 12:20 AM
Im looking up upgrading my tank to the next size up. So far I have found 1 company that is manufacturing them

TrailTank | High Capacity Fuel Tanks for Snowmobiles (http://www.trailtank.net/index.php)

Summiteer
May 21st, 2008, 06:12 AM
Im looking up upgrading my tank to the next size up. So far I have found 1 company that is manufacturing them

TrailTank | High Capacity Fuel Tanks for Snowmobiles (http://www.trailtank.net/index.php)
Does Tour Buddy make a tank for them?

SLEDBUNNYRACING
May 21st, 2008, 07:20 AM
$325.00 US doesn't seem too far out of line.

rknight111
May 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
$325.00 US doesn't seem too far out of line.

No, but as you notice you have to screw all the body panels on rather than the quick clips that it had before. I never knew this untill Dave at PL told me about this. I guess it you want a little more capacity you have to pay some price.

SLEDBUNNYRACING
May 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
Is there anyway to modify it or accept quick clips?
No, but as you notice you have to screw all the body panels on rather than the quick clips that it had before. I never knew this untill Dave at PL told me about this. I guess it you want a little more capacity you have to pay some price.

summitbound
May 21st, 2008, 02:01 PM
Check with Ron or Jeff at Quantum Velocity in Red Deer 403-341-4012,
I seen one that Jeff installed, under seat. Jeff also know's his Turbo's

Quantum Velocity Performance Inc. Home (http://www.qvperformance.com)

rknight111
June 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Here is some pics of the tank the only difference is that I wont have the quick clips you will have to use the thumb screws that come with the tank

Summitric
June 5th, 2008, 11:57 PM
2 Gallons More... Worth It.... How Much New Tank$$$

SLEDBUNNYRACING
June 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Tanks looks good...Ron you gotta post the photos of your sled you showed me yesterday....

rknight111
June 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I bought it from Trailtank

10.4 gallon
Uses OEM cap
Comes with new O-rings for fuel pump/sending unit
NEW & Improved mounting hardware
Available in clear or black
Installation instructions
$ 325.00 plus shipping

rusty
June 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
What kind of exhaust are you going to put on there. will a hindle sysytem work?

rknight111
June 7th, 2008, 08:23 AM
You'll have to keep an eye on the nytro build thread for that but what ever exhaust is going on there is the one that came with the turbo kit from Powder Lights.

Summitric
June 7th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Rusty... Yup It Is A Hindle System.... See Pic Ron Posted?

Sledderglen
June 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Looks good Ron. May be like riding a pregant horse for the first while. Reminds me when I rode the club workhorse sled. 24 inch track and a big seat. Maybe thats why I`m bullegged:confused:

rusty
June 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Hey Rusty... Yup It Is A Hindle System.... See Pic Ron Posted?

When i had asked the pic wasn't there yet. Ron call me the second it starts. I want to hear that thing. Those hindle kits are unreal. I can't read it clearly enough but is that titanium. I had one on my R6 and it was unreal. That sled is gpoing to sound like a F1 car.

rknight111
June 9th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Here is a picture I got from SW of the Trailtech aftermarket Nytro tank. I wasn't too crazy about the white plastic that looks unfinished by the tank on both sides but I will be painting my hood and that piece black so It wont be as noticeable.

SLEDBUNNYRACING
June 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Looks Niiiice Ron.

yami
July 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM
ron, on my tank i trimmed that plastic piece on the body line and covered edge with windshield edging, looks great. Although i have problems getting that tank far enough forward to bolt seat on.

SLEDBUNNYRACING
July 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Post some photo's Please.

:nopics:
ron, on my tank i trimmed that plastic piece on the body line and covered edge with windshield edging, looks great. Although i have problems getting that tank far enough forward to bolt seat on.

Amped
July 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Alpine motosports in salmon arm makes a 40L tank for the nytro with a seat thats 3 inchs taller the stock with rear storage great fit an finish

mac013
February 18th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Here is a picture I got from SW of the Trailtech aftermarket Nytro tank. I wasn't too crazy about the white plastic that looks unfinished by the tank on both sides but I will be painting my hood and that piece black so It wont be as noticeable.

I'm looking at getting the same tank. I'm not to fussy on the unfinished portion of the plastic on either side near the gas cap. Does anyone know if that plastic piece flops around or is it fastened tight against the tank.

Nytroman
February 22nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
The plastic piece is bolted on using two bolts supplied, as well as your gas cap and seat hold it snug. I put a yamaha tank bag on mine with the clear top for a map. Centerfold Jessie Jane rides there and admires me all day, as well as great for storage and hides the unfinished look. The bolts are a pain but I ditched the washers and hot glued the bushing on so they don't get lost. Only have to pack one can for the day now! Great investment to bad Yamaha are to pathetic to build a 40l tank from factory
Cheers

Vipertonytro
February 25th, 2009, 01:27 PM

I agree trailtanks screw are a pain so here is what I did.
I bolted on a hood strap button to the tank. Then I drilled the hood out to slip over the button. Then used a factory Yamaha hood strap to hol the hood from poping out. You can also use a windshield rubber to hold the hood from coming off the button.Either way works fine as we did one each way. Only problem with windshield rubbers is you can drop them and lose them. My lower side panels that also bolt to the tank I leave loose as my tank bag strap holds them tight against tank. (sorry no pics) but you can do the same as the hood. By the way I still have three Clear trailtanks in G.P. for $300.00 each if anyone is interested. They are updated for MCX turbo with the cutout for the intercooler tube.