View Full Version : nytro recalls?

May 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I'm thinking of going down to the states for a nytro but I need to know if there were any recalls on them.

May 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I haven't heard of any myself. A sponsor of the site can get you one without any red tape, contact firefly. I got mine from him.

May 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
he got you your sled or a recall letter?

May 12th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Hey Uker7 Firefly got him his sled. I haven't heard of any recalls yet either!:D remember its a four stroke they don't break down...much! Those Japanese verwe start!:D

May 12th, 2008, 02:46 AM
i know they don't break down. thats why i want one. but if you bring something into canada that has had a recall on it and had not been done yet you cant get it registered. or wait, maybe you cant even get it in the country, something stupid like that,,,,

May 12th, 2008, 07:06 AM
It doesn't matter if they had a recall or not you still need a recall notice from Yamaha. My brother just bought a viper from the states and it had no recalls but he still needed a recall notice directly from yamaha.

June 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
No recall notice for me. Haven't herd of anything yet. Fingers crossed, so far so good.

July 24th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I puchased a sled in the US a few weeks ago... When you cross through the boarder with the machine they will charge you $206 plus tax and give you what is called "Form 1". You need the "registrar of imported vehicles" to send you what is called "Form 2". after receiving "Form 2" you will need to go for a safety inspection at Canadian Tire (they have an agreement with "the registrar of imported vehicles" to inspect all vehicles (cars, ATV's Sleds) being imported into the country (For some reason boats do not need an inspection...))

The registrar of imported Vehicles in Canada will not supply you the necessary paper work "Form 2" to register the sled in canada without a letter confirming that there are no outstanding recalls on the machine. You can call the manufacturer directly in the country of origin and ask for a recall letter. all you need to give them is the VIN number and give them a mailing address to mail you the letter.

They will let you bring it in the country but you will not be able to register it in Canada without the necessary paper work from the "registrar of imported Vehicles" including the recall letter.

Hope this helps... I know this is how it works because I just went through it.