PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Black Brute Plastic

lucm
April 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the black plastic finish to shine once again..............?

Summiteer
April 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the black plastic finish to shine once again..............?

After what you've put it through!?!?!?!?....:D:D

lucm
April 15th, 2008, 06:39 PM
After what you've put it through!?!?!?!?....:D:D

yah - are you trying to give the impression that I may tend to miss the trail once in a while?

Summiteer
April 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Weeeellllllllll, I think if you look closely, you might find a willow scratch or two on it.:D (Yes, I realize it's your Honda but I think it illustrates my point).

lucm
April 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Weeeellllllllll, I think if you look closely, you might find a willow scratch or two on it.:D (Yes, I realize it's your Honda but I think it illustrates my point).

I forgot about that little incident...............thanks for bringing that up again

plumbum
April 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM
pledge. it is what some of the stealerships use to shine up used quads. and it helps with dust and muck. oh ya and it smells lemony.lol.

4extreme
April 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Wash them good and then spray the black plastic with the stuff you use to shine your tires, makes them look new again.

lucm
April 16th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Wash them good and then spray the black plastic with the stuff you use to shine your tires, makes them look new again.

I tried that and it dindn't work that well........I actually used RV cleaner to clean it first and then put the tire shine on but maybe it just has to many scratches??

couleeman
April 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Your talking the glossy portions??

Good pressure washer, then colored wax....Hides a lot of stuff.

Murminator
April 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Is it painted or molded plastic?...if it is molded take a heat gun after it will clean up all the scratches, do a test spot 1st

TylerG
April 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM
clean it up, remove scratches with a superfine grit sandpaper or try Murminators trick, then clear coat it.

4extreme
April 16th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I tried that and it dindn't work that well........I actually used RV cleaner to clean it first and then put the tire shine on but maybe it just has to many scratches??it works great on mine.

H.C.
January 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM

this is your answer, don't waste your time with anything else. dont use it on your seat or grips.

http://www.shop.minotactioncycles.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=72

gforce
January 6th, 2009, 02:17 PM
seen shoe polish used in a movie( the worlds fastest indian)..he was putting it on the tires...who knows???

RockyMtn
January 7th, 2009, 12:23 AM
this is your answer, don't waste your time with anything else. dont use it on your seat or grips.

Action Cycles Inc. : Maxima SC1 Silicone Detailer (http://www.shop.minotactioncycles.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=72)

I wonder if a Canadian Tire or something would carry that product!!

Thanks H.C.

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

KVF 700
March 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Mothers protectant seems to do the trick, especially on the molded plastic but dont put it on your seat!!! it gets awful slippery