PDA

View Full Version : a little help

bill heinen
January 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Getting trouble code 21 on my 2008 yamaha nytro fx. red light is on (low coolant light) and yellow warning light is flashing the engine light is on. Still runs but not right any ideas?

littlehoe
January 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
best I could find is that it is a coolant temp sensor error code...

there may be a short in the wiring for the sensor, wiggle the wires a bit...

also I believe it will fail safe and keep the coolant temp at like 60 degrees celcius, so maybe thats why it wont run right...

Summitric
January 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
getting trouble code 21 on my 2008 yamaha nytro fx. Red light is on (low coolant light) and yellow warning light is flashing the engine light is on. Still runs but not right any ideas?

you might pm "sly" on the sight here(slave lake yamaha) and maybe they'll have some ideas for you....... Did you check the coolant sensor wiring and connectors and make sure all is tight? Does the cooling fan come on?

bill heinen
January 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM
it seems 2 b overheating as well,water pump is circulating and tested thermostat, all seems 2 b working and in good condition, got me stumped

littlehoe
January 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I just posted your problem up on the ty forums... hopefully someone there can help out too...

Here's the link to the thread TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha :: View topic - Code 21 08 nytro fx (http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=720656#720656)