PDA

View Full Version : sub frame

sledslut
October 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
So, im going to look like the retard here after what i posted but

last night look at my sled, and noticed that its front end is out of wack.

so just wondering instead of getting a OEM subframe what or if anyone is
making an aftermarket one or what they are doing after u bend one?

im going to ride it telll i figure it out im just courious to what ppl are doing

cheers guys!!!

Summitric
October 22nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
So, im going to look like the retard here after what i posted but

last night look at my sled, and noticed that its front end is out of wack.

so just wondering instead of getting a OEM subframe what or if anyone is
making an aftermarket one or what they are doing after u bend one?

im going to ride it telll i figure it out im just courious to what ppl are doing

cheers guys!!!

show pics???? whats twisted?

sledslut
October 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
hit a tree on the right hand a-arm and pushed it back about 1-2" so its a little twisted somewhere

thebigm
October 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Extremely common obviously. :mad: I have been through two on my 2008 Nytro MTX. There are some stiffeners you can add to the OEM which is what I did. They were offering a new upgraded one from Yamaha but it was still a little weak. I believe that (T-Nytro) on here has some made up already. After I did a little modifying it has stood up well. I hit a tree late in the season and sheared the ski right off bent the A-arms and no sub frame damage. Good Luck.

Cheers,:beer:

SLY
October 24th, 2009, 10:05 AM
hitting a tree will probably bend an 09 too. Something has to give ;) Could have been worse I guess. You know we'll help you Sledslut :rolleyes: but you have to look where you're going:d

RaspberryNytro
October 25th, 2009, 12:35 AM
hit a tree on the right hand a-arm and pushed it back about 1-2" so its a little twisted somewhere

We're all a little twisted somewhere!!!:d
It's just the same as the early rev's.......flying nuns took the damaged instead of bending A arms. Wish it wasn't such a big job to fix it though,. Maybe get mine repaired this year too

RN

TAV
October 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Sledslut have you tried tightening the bolts on your front suspension. maybe something is loose and throwing it outta wack. dont be afraid of a wrench buddy. lol

all-4-stroke
October 25th, 2009, 10:38 PM
definatelythe sub frame. same tell tale sign too, one ski a lil farther back than the other. tweaked mine last year got the updated one put in (thanks insurance!) and so far its been holdin up. only time will tell :d

sledslut
October 26th, 2009, 09:45 AM
thats funny.. but it was one loose bolt, but something is still a little bent
looks to only be the one lower control arm. so happy about that too!!:o:o

Sledslut have you tried tightening the bolts on your front suspension. maybe something is loose and throwing it outta wack. dont be afraid of a wrench buddy. lol