PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam footage of burial and rescue in Alaska

Lococoin
September 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Read the text below the video before watching it. This is something everyone should see and it has really opened up my eyes as to what happens after the avalanche stops.

Avalanche Skier POV Helmet Cam Burial & Rescue in Haines, Alaska on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/6581009)

pipes
September 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Read the text below the video before watching it. This is something everyone should see and it has really opened up my eyes as to what happens after the avalanche stops.

Avalanche Skier POV Helmet Cam Burial & Rescue in Haines, Alaska on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/6581009)

Wow..............

neddacsac
September 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM
That was intense!!:eek:

ou812
September 25th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Holy crap. Would have been scary.

Summitric
September 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM
OMG......... THAT WAS INCREDIBLE........THANKS FOR POSTING THAT STEVE. I CAN'T IMAGINE THE THOUGHTS GOING THROUGH EVERYONE'S HEADS.:eek:

powerteker
September 25th, 2009, 01:36 PM
wow...........the worst feeling in the world................I hope this never happens to me, Before I saw this I was thinking about getting a avy pack but now I'll be buying one before I ride the mountiants this year. Thanks for the post this is everyones nighmare!!

JoHNI_T
September 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
HOLLY SMACKERS,,,, thanks for posting

be safe every one and practice using your beacons,,,

99summitx
September 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I could feel my breathing following his, and the chest tighten up with anxiety
good vid I will forwarding this:eek:

grnboyz
September 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Wow, that's crazy and intense!!!
And then to catch all that on film too!!!
Brings out alot of emotions just watching that!!!
This shows why we buy not only buy the proper gear, but also know how to use it!!!:wetpants::yikes:

Sledderglen
September 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Boy does that make you stop and think a little. How fast your fun day sledding or sking can change. BLINK now what????
Better update my training this year

dezmitchell
September 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
WOW ....i couldnt imagine really makes one think Will be doin avy training this year for sure

dirtball08
September 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Sure gives a person something to think about for sure. Thanks for sharing.

tmo1620
September 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Alls I can say is WOW!!!!!!!:d Buddy is lucky to be alive and kicking.;)

SLEDBUNNYRACING
September 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Gets the heart a pumping seeing a video like that.

Zacs
October 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Motivation to take an avalanche course can get any more real than that. Holy cow...what a video clip.

I think that the breathing changes after the rescuer reaches into the hole part way through the rescue.
Not sure but I'm thinking this might be the rescuer removing the avalung from the skier's face. The breathing sounded a lot more natural after this.
Other thoughts?

Has anyone used an avalung before? I think that a full face snowmobile helmet might make it tough to use. Comments??

rusty
October 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
wow great video and great post imo.

RaspberryNytro
October 4th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Ummmmm, nervous anyone??? That opens up some eyes for sure. WOW, book me now for Avy class!!! Amazing to see how calm & collected the digger was & not scrambling around.

RN

buckthirtyfive
November 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I'm covinced I ordered a pieps dsp today.

TylerG
November 12th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm covinced I ordered a pieps dsp today.

ordering it is not enough, learning to use it and use it properly is....

We all suggest taking an Avalanche Skills Training course. Definitely worth the investment!

mtnluvr
November 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I agree, I never realized how ill prepared I was for an avy until i took a zacs course. I had all the best gear and thought I knew how to use it, but the course is an eye opener. now to get everyone I ride with to get educated too. Our fun can become serious business real quick, GREAT VID!!!!!

my mod
November 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
WOW,
Thanks for sharing that
I see I need to prepare better than I am

wraapsummit
January 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
changes the way we all go about riding in areas unknown. taking chances are not always worth the risk of family or riding buddys. choose carfully .:beer::beer: thanks