PDA

View Full Version : Nova Scotians!!

KMKjr
June 12th, 2009, 11:47 AM
What's going on in N.S.?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Flag-of-Nova-Scotia.jpg/745px-Flag-of-Nova-Scotia.jpg

Bogger
June 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Myself, Plio7, Mallard and Bruiser are all originally from NS...We all live in AB now but go back to visit family/freinds...:d:beer:

polcat
June 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
me aswell from dartmouth have been out west here for 20 years now

Bogger
June 17th, 2009, 09:13 PM
15 for me.....I miss Roberts donair in Dartmouth:(

polcat
June 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
hmmmm don't think I know it.

Bogger
June 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM
hmmmm don't think I know it.

Lebanese Joint with $5... 3 lb donairs...can't remember but I think it was around mic mac area

plio7
June 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Lebanese Joint with $5... 3 lb donairs...can't remember but I think it was around mic mac area

nope it was right off the mcdonald bridge first exit on the right.....meat wasnt that great but they were HUGE

chopper_dave
June 18th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I've been out here since 93. The best donairs were at Ravana's on portland street, but you are right Roberts sure are huge, a large is the size of a football.:d:beer:

plio7
June 18th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I've been out here since 93. The best donairs were at Ravana's on portland street, but you are right Roberts sure are huge, a large is the size of a football.:d:beer:

there was a place called 2boys for a while om fairview, across from the old halifax west goooood a$$, best becides that were the KOD in clayton park

Summit X
June 30th, 2009, 05:18 PM
i've been here from 11yrs, originally from Truro.
the very best Donairs we at Damascus....

LID
August 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I miss Wheel Pizza back home in Antigonish

99summitx
August 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Originally from Halifax, been out west 45yrs don't remember a thing from back there but like to visit some day.:beer:

mallard d69
August 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
i like the donairs from recardo's in tantallon we went there this summer and mozart sold the place to some chick. their not quite as good as i remember but still not bad in size and tasty. i like swiss donair in edmonton they use real "halifax" sauce 144 and 82st if anyone wants to find them.:beer:

Sleeper700
August 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I miss Wheel Pizza back home in Antigonish

Back in July, I spent 2 weeks out in Nova Scotia. We were helping Bell/Aliant upgrade their cell network. We spent most of our time on Cape Breton Island, but did some work in Aulds Cove and Antigonish. We were as far north as Dingwall at one point. The Cabot Trail is sure nice. We were staying in Sydney most of the time. Spent a lot of time in Governers Pub. Everyone there was very friendly, it was awesome. I will try to dig up some pictures from out there.

plio7
August 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
i like the donairs from recardo's in tantallon we went there this summer and mozart sold the place to some chick. their not quite as good as i remember but still not bad in size and tasty. i like swiss donair in edmonton they use real "halifax" sauce 144 and 82st if anyone wants to find them.:beer:

swiss is good chit, world finest on jasper is good, and though the sauce is different (mayo based i think) niki's in westmount mall is a little different but fawkin gooooood

08 800 x doo
March 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I am from river john be in alberta for 25 years i would never move back there it's a nice place to visit but not to live

Caper11
March 19th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I am from river john be in alberta for 25 years i would never move back there it's a nice place to visit but not to live

I hear yah!! Alberta been alot better to me than NS has, I don't even like to visit there anymore.

hayastusa
November 19th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I saw Halifax on a map once:d

vic
November 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Went to visit mother n law 2 weeks in sept. in Berwirk NS ,,nice to see leaves change colours,golfed Berwick,Ken Wo, Digby Pines.Got 12 rounds in.Berwick Heights golf course has the best Lobster Scallop seafood soup ever. Had some every other day .Meal in it's self.Very laid back life stlye maybe hard to make a living there but nice place to retire.Atv trails through town. Hoping to go visit next year.

takethebounce
November 23rd, 2010, 10:45 PM
I could never move back, I left in the winter of '99 and haven't ever missed it. Once I found the mountains (although it was in Colorado) I couldn't ever imagine being with out them!

But I do miss the good donairs and fresh Keith's!

Sledderglen
December 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Went there last summer for a week. Quadding was fun nice smooth trails right into town. Going back in 2011 for 2 weeks. Have a wedding to go to and taking a tour and eating seafood. Looking forward to it

Mike270412
December 7th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Know some people from back there.
Buncha azzhats!!!

Caper11
December 13th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Know some people from back there.
Buncha azzhats!!!

LOL there are people like that in all provinces!!

snochuk
December 23rd, 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm from Alberta, anybody else?????:d;) Spent 7 1/2 weeks out east and about 4 weeks in the maritimes including newfieland this past summer showing the kids where Canada's history is. If I was born in the maritimes it would be hard to stray to far from home. Other than the mountains it is the best part of Canada! Didn't have any donairs, to busy eating lobster and scallops.:d:d:d

GSR
February 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
haha AWESOME just found this thread for the first time! I'm from Truro around 10 years ago now. Been living in Golden, BC ever since.
How have a YAMAHA dealership here in town building crazy sleds for crazy dudes.
Miss the old stompin grounds and try to get back every year or so.
Best pizza I knew growing up was the PIZZA FARM in Truro!!
Thank MIKE!! haha
aa

modmanmike
February 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
well since all you's are from down east maybe you could shed some light on how some government loser in nova scotia thinks he can put an end to highmarking in BC???? I think he's eaten to many pizzas and donairs! LOL

Bogger
February 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm from Alberta, anybody else?????:d;) Spent 7 1/2 weeks out east and about 4 weeks in the maritimes including newfieland this past summer showing the kids where Canada's history is. If I was born in the maritimes it would be hard to stray to far from home. Other than the mountains it is the best part of Canada! Didn't have any donairs, to busy eating lobster and scallops.:d:d:d

Not so hard when you want to make a decent living, left there 16 years ago and even if I could make a comparable wage now not sure I'd want to go back...

Proud to be a maritimer, but equally as proud to be an Albertan.....

Mike270412
February 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
What about being a douche canoe?

Bogger
February 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
What about being a douche canoe?

That exspecially....

KMKjr
February 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM

You loose your status as a Maritmer after 5 years absent, unless you come and visit once a year, minimum 2 weeks and still have yer accent, eh!

LID
February 23rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
You loose your status as a Maritmer after 5 years absent, unless you come and visit once a year, minimum 2 weeks and still have yer accent, eh!

It only takes one or two well-poured rum and the accent is right back.

Bogger
February 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
growing up in Halifax one doesn't develop much of an accent in the first place.... not like the outside communities... hell I gots a buddy who grew up 45 mins from me and he sounds more like a freaking newfi than jimmy Flynn... who by the way is doing a show in Morinville in June...:d

KMKjr
February 25th, 2011, 08:13 AM
It only takes one or two well-poured rum and the accent is right back.

Yep!!

And as long as there is no fight (:)), all is good!

My wife is a newfie....give her on hour on the phone with the relatives and she sounds like she never left the rock!

08summit
February 27th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Not so hard when you want to make a decent living, left there 16 years ago and even if I could make a comparable wage now not sure I'd want to go back...

X2...18 yrs for me and no plans to ever move back...Proud as hell to be from there but just as proud to be an Albertan today.