Boston Bruins

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree about the line changing. They have developed familiarity and a sense of knowing where their line mates are going to be and then the lines change. I think that disrupts them more than the coach thinks it does.
Last night, the bottom six weren’t very productive.
Much agreed, still like Matteius Ekholm that has to be 1 of my favs, he looks and makes smart plays and can grind it out if you want, comes to work every night and hard too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ekholm is a beast and as you say, “very smart” with the puck and positioning himself.
I watch Bouchard quite a bit and sure find lots of misgivings in his game. He has gotten better under Coffee but man, oh man he does some dumb things. I have noticed lately that he is quite lazy in the defensive zone and doesn’t appear to be in a hurray to get to the puck.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was quite the ch!t show yesterday, anyone that thinks the officiating has been fair needs glasses, the Bennett cross check of Coyle into Swayman then scoring was just icing on that cake. People defending Bennetts punch to the head of Marchand saying he got what was coming to him is just ridiculous, no player should be hit like that without repercussions coming down from the DOPS against the offending player.

I think this series is pretty much done tomorrow, it would take a miracle to overcome the Panthers and the officials.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know. I saw two Florida guys on top of 2 Bruins? There were a lot of misconducts so hard to track them all but looked to me the big bad Bruins aren’t so big and bad as they used to be.
That doesn't answer the question, what other fights did the Bruins lose in that game? Players piling on top of each other isn't a fight, it's nothing more than a scrum and both teams got plenty of game misconducts.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Officiating has been poor with all the series. Florida is just playing like Boston and winning at it.
If they were playing like Boston the penalties would be close to even, which they are not at 11 for Florida and 21 for Boston. As for the officiating being poor, no argument here and I'm usually not one to complain about the officiating but this seasons playoffs have been atrocious.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they were playing like Boston the penalties would be close to even, which they are not at 11 for Florida and 21 for Boston. As for the officiating being poor, no argument here and I'm usually not one to complain about the officiating but this seasons playoffs have been atrocious.
Officiating in all sports is brutal it seems. Do you watch any MLB? Catch the Angel Hernandez show. I think a MLB strike tracker shows only 62% of his called strikes are actual strikes. There is a push to can him but the Umpires have their own union so that ain’t happening.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see in the Oiler series the Canucks tried gooning up on McDavid at the end of the game. Zadorev cross checked him from behind and a split second later another player cross checked him in the chicklets as he was falling forward. Zadorev got a $5000 fine and the other guy got a game suspension. Not sure how McDavids teeth are.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see in the Oiler series the Canucks tried gooning up on McDavid at the end of the game. Zadorev cross checked him from behind and a split second later another player cross checked him in the chicklets as he was falling forward. Zadorev got a $5000 fine and the other guy got a game suspension. Not sure how McDavids teeth are.
It's ok to cross check in the face and only get 5k it's now part of the rules. Pretty sure it's rule 101 how to get a fine and take out the other teams top player.:unsure:;)

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was quite the ch!t show yesterday, anyone that thinks the officiating has been fair needs glasses, the Bennett cross check of Coyle into Swayman then scoring was just icing on that cake. People defending Bennetts punch to the head of Marchand saying he got what was coming to him is just ridiculous, no player should be hit like that without repercussions coming down from the DOPS against the offending player.

I think this series is pretty much done tomorrow, it would take a miracle to overcome the Panthers and the officials.
Tomorrow nights game will either be push back for the win or it will just be a formality for the B,s. Quite a few guys look pretty tired and it gets that way when you are defending in your own zone forever. It's like twice the mins per shift and very hard on the team. Guess we will see what they have in the tank, would be remarkable to win the next 3 but against the cats to which are very good and the officiating sucking that may be a pipe dream. ;)

Panther bashin!

1715652564091.png

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Officiating in all sports is brutal it seems. Do you watch any MLB? Catch the Angel Hernandez show. I think a MLB strike tracker shows only 62% of his called strikes are actual strikes. There is a push to can him but the Umpires have their own union so that ain’t happening.
I read somewhere that there is a push to get some automatic system installed for the home plate umpires job. maybe it was fake new that I read?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there is a push to get some automatic system installed for the home plate umpires job. maybe it was fake new that I read?
Nope they are talking about it Randy. At first I was against it but thinking now it would be better

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Angel Hernandez has no business officiating in MLB, once of the worst if not THE worst umpire in all of baseball.

Top Bottom